`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shipping Weight?

Shipping Weight?
I have about 10 trades to send out this weekend, so I was looking to try printing out my own labels on Paypal. What are the more common weights when printing you own labels? Do you just take a ballpark guess between 1-6 cards? Thanks.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

RE: Shipping Weight?
If your only doing 1-6 cards in a bubble mailer just set it at 3 ounces, your cards even in toploaders never exceeds 3 ounces so its a safe bet and the first 3 ounces don't cost extra.

(01-25-2012, 08:51 PM)libs021 Wrote: If your only doing 1-6 cards in a bubble mailer just set it at 3 ounces, your cards even in toploaders never exceeds 3 ounces so its a safe bet and the first 3 ounces don't cost extra.
+1
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Cool, thanks gents.
I ship on weekends

Yeah 3 ounces is about right for up to 6-8 cards. I usually use a little kitchen scale. I use 3 no matter what if its under 6 cards cause better safe than sorry.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(01-25-2012, 08:59 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Yeah 3 ounces is about right for up to 6-8 cards. I usually use a little kitchen scale. I use 3 no matter what if its under 6 cards cause better safe than sorry.
Cool, thanks. Figured I would try joining the "Print Your Own Label" revolution.
I ship on weekends

(01-25-2012, 09:11 PM)rpspenner Wrote: Cool, thanks. Figured I would try joining the "Print Your Own Label" revolution.
It's great to print labels & have the carrier pick up your parcels. I've been doing it for years as an ebay seller, convenient & less cost than going to the post office.
Before you print the actual label you get a "print sample" label which i recommend incase the print set up is too big or small.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Question about printing your own labels through PayPal... when printing do you use the "normal" setting for ink or "draft"?

Asking because using "draft" saves ink, but at the same time I don't want the package coming back to me because the post office couldn't scan the barcode due to the lighter shade of ink.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I too am considering going this route instead of forking over $1.95 at the post office.

Thanks!

(01-26-2012, 02:13 AM)markmulder20 Wrote: Question about printing your own labels through PayPal... when printing do you use the "normal" setting for ink or "draft"?

Asking because using "draft" saves ink, but at the same time I don't want the package coming back to me because the post office couldn't scan the barcode due to the lighter shade of ink.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I too am considering going this route instead of forking over $1.95 at the post office.

Thanks!
I think printers vary with draft or normal print & how it looks. My printer looks weak using draft while my bro's looks like normal. Maybe since i haven't used draft in ages i should re clean the heads & try draft & see if they weren't clean at the time. Before printing a label i do the 30 second head clean to assure a clear print.
One other thing, when taping, don't tape over the scan code as the tape prevents the scanner from reading your package.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(01-26-2012, 02:39 AM)krn001 Wrote: I think printers vary with draft or normal print & how it looks. My printer looks weak using draft while my bro's looks like normal. Maybe since i haven't used draft in ages i should re clean the heads & try draft & see if they weren't clean at the time. Before printing a label i do the 30 second head clean to assure a clear print.
One other thing, when taping, don't tape over the scan code as the tape prevents the scanner from reading your package.
Good to know. Thanks for the head's up on taping over the bar code.

Thanks!