`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but...

Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but...
my gut says he will retire!!!!!!!

YES RETIRE!!!!!!!!

That said of the teams that are possible destinations IMO:

Dolphins
Redskins

Yes just 2 teams. I know the Colts, Seahawks, Jets, Chiefs, Cardinals, Browns and Titans have all been mentioned but those teams have QBs the organization has invested a lot in.

The Phins and Skins are free to do what they want at the QB position. The Skins have Snyder and Shanahan which may be enough to land Peyton but...I cant imagine Peyton choosing a team that his brother plays twice a year since the Skins and Giants are both in the NFC East. Then when you look at the rosters of the Phins and the Skins the Phins are more stacked both offensively and defensively. The only reason why I cant see Peyton coming to Miami is because he would have to play Tom Brady twice a year. Its not because he is scared its just a harder road to the Super Bowl.

What do you guys/gals think?

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but...
I think (hope) he will stay in Indy and help with the development of Luck. If he is healthy he will play, he will not retire if he is 100%. I think the Dolphins will be fine with Chad Henne. I will vomit if he goes to the Jets or Skins. Arizona would be good, Kolb is horrible.
new site deals with;
TheEvilEmpire, husker101, rcostello3, berman15, twolfcorner2009, the shadow, goonstud, clemsoncowboy, bucsfan7, coachlew10

Bucket Link: http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad332/boetie84067/

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but...
Manning will go to the Jets...& regret every second of it.

My personal opinion is: (from most likely to least likely)

1) retire
2) retire and stay as an assistant/consultant with Indy
3) Arizona Cardinals

(once again, just a personal opinion, but no way in hell Manning would ever join the Jets' 'sh*t sandwich' of a locker room)

Im surprised to see almost 60 views and only 3 posts. I think this is the most interesting topic in the NFL since Favre leaving the Packers.

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

With Flacco & Alex Smith not getting the job done, I could see one of the Harbaugh brothers landing Peyton.

Both teams have Super Bowl caliber D's, they just lacked Championship leadership at the QB position.

The 49ers will easily run through the NFC West again, but they might be more interested in signing a franchise QB to go with their talented young core of players.

Baltimore is a suitable fit due to their hunger for another title. Lewis and Reed are getting up there in 'football years', signing Manning to a 2 year deal and drafting a QB like Case Keenum to sit behind would make sense, as the Ravens will be in rebuilding mode in a couple seasons.

Not at all saying its going to happen, but it's what I personally would like to see IF Peyton comes back.
[Image: LT5.png]

I would say of the 2 choices you gave (bal or sf) SF is the best option.... can't really blame flacco for evans dropping the ball or a missed kick. Alex smith has been around longer and is not as good as his last season. Smith benefitted by a gam plan that played to his strengths and was not asked to do the impossible.... kinda like differ was. Manning on the niners = SB appearance at the very least ( providing manning regains arm strength)

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I agree, with all the buzz Manning can bring to the franchise, he can pretty much get the 49ers their (well deserved) new stadium.

Checking out the 49ers 2012 schedule.

HOME: Lions, Bears, Dolphins, Bills, Giants, Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks

AWAY: Packers, Vikings, Saints, Patriots, Jets, Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks

Holy crap! All non divisional games would be Sunday/Monday Night quality.

Especially the road games.

(02-01-2012, 09:45 AM)4th_and_20 Wrote: With Flacco & Alex Smith not getting the job done, I could see one of the Harbaugh brothers landing Peyton.
Did you even watch football this year...? Smile

And I have no clue where/what with Peyton but I cant wait for Luck to be a bust.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(02-01-2012, 10:53 AM)the great 48 Wrote: Did you even watch football this year...? Smile

And I have no clue where/what with Peyton but I cant wait for Luck to be a bust.
Yes sir, I absolutely did. I was just sticking to the topic the thread.

Both, had good (not great) seasons. If either was in Indy, they wouldn't have reached the Conference Championships, no way. Luck will not be Indy's savior either on that note. I concur with your Luck comment.

(Healthy) Peyton Manning > Any other QB.

I'm strongly bias though, I have a lot of $$$ invested in Manning autographed memorabilia, lol.

EDIT: I'm a semi-Alex Smith fan tho, he's a local San Diego product. I root for all San Diegans, especially JJ in NASCAR.