RE: Jorge Retirement Speech
Anybody see his wife? Holy crap balls

(01-25-2012, 03:26 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Anybody see his wife? Holy crap balls
hahahaha +1...My Man Posada is gonna be juuuuuust fine in retirement

[Image: will-jorge-posada-join-another-team-afte...ent-11.jpg]
[Image: 60JLt.png]

[Image: TexasHorns.jpg]

My Teams: Longhorns (Colt McCoy & Vince Young PC) - Ravens (Ray Lewis PC) - Yankees (Alex Rodriguez PC)

I would have retired early for that too

(01-25-2012, 01:16 PM)neonstatus Wrote: Yes Posada helped with bringing championships to New York. But he should not be inducted to the HOF and the Yankees should not retire his number. Are the Yankees obligated to retire every number of a player that has played with them over 10 years?
Yeah I think they should retire his #. He didn't just play over 10 years for them, it was almost 2X that number. He also was a hell of a player and person, and meant so much to the Yankees. He was a member of 5 title teams, including 4 as the starter. He also wasn't the worst defensive catcher. I remember guys like Macky Sasser. Posada didn't throw everyone out, and might have allowed a few more than normal passed balls, but his bat and leadership made up for that. He also had chances to go elsewhere but chose to stay a Yankee, and that should mean something to everyone. It's rare these days to see a star stay in 1 place for long. Also I dont think they will ever run out of #'s to give out to players in my lifetime.