Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1950 Bowman No copyright

1950 Bowman No copyright
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone knows the scarcity of the 1950 Bowman no copyright variations. Were they printed in the same quantity as those with the copyright? There does not seem to be any difference in value, but I do not see the no copyright versions very often which makes me wonder what percentage of the print run for those last two series were missing the copyright line. Maybe I don't see them that often because no one bothers to look and list them that way? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

RE: 1950 Bowman No copyright
(01-24-2012, 08:25 AM)scottzoe Wrote: Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone knows the scarcity of the 1950 Bowman no copyright variations. Were they printed in the same quantity as those with the copyright? There does not seem to be any difference in value, but I do not see the no copyright versions very often which makes me wonder what percentage of the print run for those last two series were missing the copyright line. Maybe I don't see them that often because no one bothers to look and list them that way? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott
According to the Standard Catalog, numbers 181-252 are where the no copyright cards show up and they are less common than the ones with copyrights. No numbers or reasons are given but I assume that early in the printing process they caught the error and corrected it.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

RE: 1950 Bowman No copyright
(01-24-2012, 12:37 PM)beatles guy Wrote: According to the Standard Catalog, numbers 181-252 are where the no copyright cards show up and they are less common than the ones with copyrights. No numbers or reasons are given but I assume that early in the printing process they caught the error and corrected it.
I have been doing some digging on these..it seems the set was printed in 7 series with the last two series, being found with or without the trademark. the 1st two series seem to be printed in shorter quantities...I have not found anything tangible on what percentage were printed with or without the copyright..the general feeling is they are more scare, but it seems there is no difference in value...maybe because there are so many (28% of the set) and perhaps because they are so easy to overlook. I do have 2 of the 5 Red Sox with the variations..I'll try to scan the backs I have and get them posted, if anyone care to see what the difference is.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.