`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$25 For Vintage...How Do You Spend It?

$25 For Vintage...How Do You Spend It?
Just wanted to build on my previous "Low-Priced Vintage" thread. I've noticed lots of really nice vintage stuff that is pretty inexpensive. So, if I gave you 25 bucks and told you that you could only use it to buy baseball cards from 1975 or earlier, what would you get? We'll use ebay or comparible pricing, and assume shipping is free. Look forward to seeing what you'd pick up. It can be one card, or a combo of cards.
Collect Kirk Gibson (Tigers), Lou Whitaker, Alan Trammell, Jack Morris (Tigers), Lance Parrish (Tigers), Sparky Anderson (Tigers), Tom Brookens (Tigers), as well as earlier Tigers greats like Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Mickey Lolich, Willie Horton,etc.

RE: $25 For Vintage...How Do You Spend It?
Cardinals commons for my team sets.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

I would get a few 1951 football magic base cards
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

I tend not to look for specific cards when shopping for vintage. I see whats out there and grab the deals as they come along.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

you can get HOFers from 1947-66 Exhibits for super cheap....they're postcard sized and are really nice looking
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

I would try to add to my 61 Topps set and Red Sox PC.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

I would shoot for the early-mid 50s and get a couple of commons from brooklyn or NY giants. Or Spend it on one player i like such as Johnny Antonelli's 53 or 54 card
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

With $25, it will depend what I find, or what deal will show up at the moment. At the moment I am working with the 59' and 67' set, but I mostly need the high numbers for the 59'. That won't get me much, but I can get a few 67' low # commons for my set.

I would add to my sets. Commons for 57, 58, 67 or 69.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.