`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: My Son Swears in US ARMY and goes to Basic

RE: OT: My Son Swears in US ARMY and goes to Basic
Congrats. I served at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. Where is he going?
[Image: bannerqww.png]

Very nice! Where is he attending basic?

(01-25-2012, 05:58 AM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: What a proud day!!!! Congrats and best wishes to your son for a great career with the Army Smile
Thanks ripkenfan72. I appreciate your kind words.
(01-25-2012, 09:07 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: I would just have one piece of advice for him, tell him to keep quiet, speak only when spoken to and just do what you're told - it makes life easier. Congrats and I wish him the best!
Thanks soccerscrub. I pretty much told him the same thing. Keep your darn mouth shut. LOL Did you or are you currently serving?

(01-25-2012, 05:31 PM)RayLewisCollector Wrote: Congrats. I served at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. Where is he going?
Thanks RayLewisCollector. Fort Leonard Wood sits on land that was once owned by family from my Mothers side. They still have farmland in Waynesville.

My son is at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC. He will then go to Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, TX. I am anticipating his graduation from Basic.

Thanks for your service as well. It really means a lot to me. God Bless!
(01-25-2012, 05:44 PM)geezhound Wrote: Very nice! Where is he attending basic?
Thanks geezhound. He is at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.