`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My acct just got hacked!

RE: My acct just got hacked!
OK PEOPLE WE ARE BACKBITING NOW! Let's not take this out on each other, I know we are all frustrated, but lets aim our wrath at Beckett, not each other!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(01-24-2012, 04:37 PM)lpearce7 Wrote: People can't remove their credit cards and are having to change their credit cards because of Beckett. which, as i said, was an issue. Spam is being sent through member's accounts. one person We need to hear from the people who actually run Beckett, i agree. nothing in my post says otherwise. but if they dont have an answer, and they came out and gave some half-assed answer, you think that would be better? because mods giving their personal opinions of why they think nothing is wrong with Beckett just won't cut it this time. Make whatever excuse or comment nobody is making excuses. giving logical explanations? sure...J'accuse! you will, it still doesn't matter to anyone reading im glad you speak for everyone, spartacus. We need answers. no bleep, sherlock And from what I've read so far, everyone that's tried to call Beckett customer service has gotten the runaround shocker. they dont have actual customer service, especially after it got farmed out. and what would a CS rep know about an IT issue anyway?. So, inform the people who actually make decision for Beckett that this is an issue that can't be explained away by mods. that already happened, but thanks for stating the bleeping obvious

I just did this! You can also change your current email address to any email address you like without any email confirmation of validity. This means you can login with a new email and password combination. Is it a much more added security? Don't know. Just sharing!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(01-24-2012, 02:59 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: *sigh* it's amazing how easily beckett could calm our fears with at least giving us SOMETHING. ANYTHING. but nothing. We get jack. They've always left us in the dark with what was going on. So many broken promises from a site that has done nothing but destroy trading.
The privately held company, considered the world's most trusted source in collecting, is guided daily, weekly, monthly and annually by a simple yet profound mission statement:

"Beckett Media is dedicated to providing the most relied upon information, services, and related products with the highest integrity in order to facilitate trade in the sports collectibles industry."

http://www.beckett.com/about-us/

The absolute lack of customer acknowledgement/service is the killer. Aside from IT Guy, nobody ever hears anything from anybody.

Get a Mac, that was the last time I had any computer related issues. But seriously, the whole credit card thing seems fishy. If it wasn't a name I've trusted for years, I wouldn't be using Beckett very much anymore
David Justice - 1371/1747 - 78%

Joshua Fields Razor (31/42), David Thompson 08-09 UD Black (19/23),
David Pollack Autos (30/60), Mo Massaquoi Bowman Chrome RC (19/27),
Bobby Cox Tribute Autos (9/10), AJ Green Goodwin (7/11)

(01-24-2012, 05:54 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: I just did this! You can also change your current email address to any email address you like without any email confirmation of validity. This means you can login with a new email and password combination. Is it a much more added security? Don't know. Just sharing!
The best security you can get is a key scrambler, safer browser, and a good internet security suite, and most of those are available for free.

I strongly suggest downloading Belarc Advisor as it will go over your entire computer and notify you of any patches that need to be installed as well as any questionable programs installed (It is not an anti-virus or security suite) it is a program intended to recognize legitimate programs, processes, and services from questionable ones)
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(01-24-2012, 08:10 PM)shezdoni Wrote: The best security you can get is a key scrambler, safer browser, and a good internet security suite, and most of those are available for free.

I strongly suggest downloading Belarc Advisor as it will go over your entire computer and notify you of any patches that need to be installed as well as any questionable programs installed (It is not an anti-virus or security suite) it is a program intended to recognize legitimate programs, processes, and services from questionable ones)
Thanks! I hate those key-loggers at my local internet cafe in my homeland. That was when I was addicted in MMORPG!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Lets not forget that nothing will happen to your credit card if its on file. Beckett doesn't show the full number. Also when you go to make a purchase or renew you have to enter the 3 digit code on the card.
My bank charges for a replacement card. According to my bank if beckett won't remove the card. They are liable for any charges that have been made unauthorized by the holder. This from Pnc. don't know about anyone else. Maybe this is just a glitch. I wouldn't worry too much. I do agree that you should be able to remove your card anytime.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I bet the guy who bought all the Chad Cordero cards didn't realize he was on your account, seems like a lot of people have that happen to them. I'm on an iPad right now because my Internet is down for a long time but I'll see what happens when I log on on my computer
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(01-24-2012, 06:19 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: The absolute lack of customer acknowledgement/service is the killer. Aside from IT Guy, nobody ever hears anything from anybody.
Exactly why I wont be around anymore when my OPG runs out next month. Lack of concern for customers private info doesnt sit well with me at all. Broken site. Empty promises. Now this, just the icing on the cake.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket