`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions wanted: Bowman Heritage

Opinions wanted: Bowman Heritage
I'm just back into collecting after a 15 year hiatus and I love Topps Heritage. I'm close to completing the 2011 set and about halfway to the 2010 and 2002 sets. One of the big downsides to Topps Heritage is the complete lack of true rookie cards each year. I saw that Bowman Heritage is similar to the Topps line but with a decent rookie crop. My question to everyone is how do the two compare? Does Bowman Heritage hold its value as well? How about the general popularity and ease/fun of putting sets together? All comments welcome.

Thanks,
Doug

RE: Opinions wanted: Bowman Heritage
Topps Heritage has a strong following with set builders. I feel will hold its value better over the long haul. If your interested in rookies just get some regular Bowman. I dont see too many people hunting down Bowman Heritage for their rookie collections.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Bowman and Bowman Chrome for rookies, Topps Heritage and A&G for set collectors
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(01-22-2012, 10:07 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Bowman and Bowman Chrome for rookies, Topps Heritage and A&G for set collectors
Hey Pete you forgot my Gypsy Queen for set builders!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I believe Bowman Heritage ended after 2007, so you probably wouldn't have many years to get if you completed the sets. I always thought it was a very weird product, I never really understood it
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(01-22-2012, 09:13 PM)dougnash Wrote: I'm just back into collecting after a 15 year hiatus and I love Topps Heritage. I'm close to completing the 2011 set and about halfway to the 2010 and 2002 sets. One of the big downsides to Topps Heritage is the complete lack of true rookie cards each year. I saw that Bowman Heritage is similar to the Topps line but with a decent rookie crop. My question to everyone is how do the two compare? Does Bowman Heritage hold its value as well? How about the general popularity and ease/fun of putting sets together? All comments welcome.

Thanks,
Doug
I'm a rookie collector. So if I were choosing between collecting a Bowman Heritage set and a Topps Heritage set, I would choose Bowman Heritage. But like others have said, Topps Heritage seems to have more of a following so their sets will generally hold their value better.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(01-22-2012, 09:13 PM)dougnash Wrote: I'm just back into collecting after a 15 year hiatus and I love Topps Heritage. I'm close to completing the 2011 set and about halfway to the 2010 and 2002 sets. One of the big downsides to Topps Heritage is the complete lack of true rookie cards each year. I saw that Bowman Heritage is similar to the Topps line but with a decent rookie crop. My question to everyone is how do the two compare? Does Bowman Heritage hold its value as well? How about the general popularity and ease/fun of putting sets together? All comments welcome.

Thanks,
Doug
I'm showing i have a lot of 2010 Topps Heritage, if i can help send a pm with a card # list of needed cards, including SP which i have.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered