`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOLEN! What should I do?

RE: STOLEN! What should I do?
I would start looking for the stolen card on eBay. Save the knifed envelope and a printout from the auction. If the card pops up go to the local post master.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(01-22-2012, 10:31 AM)ceocards Wrote: That's only if you claim you received NOTHING...ie not even the envelope.

If you file as a 'significantly not as described' claim, which by Paypal's definition includes empty boxes/envelopes, you should be covered.

If it were me, though, and the seller offered to split the loss on something that was obviously neither of our faults, I'd probably take it. That seems like the most 'fair' solution (unless of course, you have reason to believe the seller intentionally sent you an empty envelope.)
It is also my knowledge that if a letter does appear to be damaged while going through the process. The PO will put it in a plastic bag with a note on it.
THIS has happened to me.

I was gonna mention what you talked about CEO, About NAD item. But figured someone would chime in Big Grin

Some one targeted this envelope specifically and cut it and removed contents, it is a felony most likely, but an inside job, like a neighbor, maybe a postal employee

Why the seller is responsible is a mystery to me. Why he should reimburse for your loss/theft is a mystery as well. If he wants to give you some or all $$ back, it is goodwill for future transactions, not obligation..

?? I have is who did it, will it happen again and what the buyer will givew the seller on feedback...
As much buyer protection there is on eBay, I can not see eBay siding with the buyer for reimbursement..the seller clearly did nothing wrong..

(01-21-2012, 10:43 PM)LongliveStl Wrote: but im sure he did not scam me for he is a high rank member.

What should I do to get my money back for a stolen item?
Just because someone seems to have a "high rank", doesn't mean diddly squat, just ask all the good members on here that got burned in trades by so called " high ranking" members, and on eBay it is ridiculously easy to have a friend to leave positive feedback, or to leave positive feedback for yourself, and run up your ranking status.

(01-22-2012, 11:21 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Some one targeted this envelope specifically and cut it and removed contents, it is a felony most likely, but an inside job, like a neighbor, maybe a postal employee

what? So your saying that sellers themselves could never do this, or have not ever done this?

Why the seller is responsible is a mystery to me. Why he should reimburse for your loss/theft is a mystery as well. If he wants to give you some or all $$ back, it is goodwill for future transactions, not obligation..

As much buyer protection there is on eBay, I can not see eBay siding with the buyer for reimbursement..the seller clearly did nothing wrong..
The seller is responsible to get the merchandise to the buyer in the description that they stated it was in,before the sale was agreed too.

If you order a car from a dealer, and they tell you the car is new, never been driven, free of scratches, dents, etc..., and the car they get in for you has 112,000 miles, hood all smashed up, paint all scratched, etc...., your going to go back to the dealer, and demand to get what you agreed to, and paid for, or your going to have them arrested, etc..., correct?

Or what if they call you and tell you the car is in, but when you go to get it and they tell you it was stolen the night before, and it's not their fault, so they are not going to give you back the money you paid, your going to make them reimburse you all the money, or produce the item at the same cost, even if they have to pay more out of their pocket, aren't you?

Your not just going to let them get away with taking your money, are you?

The same requirements goes with ALL merchandise sold, whether it be in a brick and mortar store, a catalog store, etc..., or whether it cost .10 cents, or $5 billion dollars so why shouldn't sellers on ebay have to live up to the same requirements as any other type of seller?

Ebay sellers have to follow the same Laws that any other retailer, wholesaler, discounter, etc... have to follow, so if the merchandise gets lost in the mail, or stolen, then the SELLER is responsible to make things right with the buyer, not just say " Sorry, but your out of luck"
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

The buyer would be covered with the "claim as a 'significantly not as described' claim, which by Paypal's definition includes empty boxes/envelopes" as CEO said.

I am sure there are some sellers that would send an empty top loader in a slashed envelope, just doesn't seem to be the scam of the day..

Obvious to me that someone did it at the PO or the house..

Does the poster live in an multiunit dwelling??

Although you won't get your money back, notify your post office of the incident. You might not be the only one with this problem.

WANTED:
- National Chicle: printing plates & 1/1's (baseball only)
- 1997 Studio: Masterstrokes, Hard hats, Press Proof, Samples, Signed, something rare.

PM me with what you have.

(01-22-2012, 01:12 PM)shezdoni Wrote: If you order a car from a dealer, and they tell you the car is new, never been driven, free of scratches, dents, etc..., and the car they get in for you has 112,000 miles, hood all smashed up, paint all scratched, etc...., your going to go back to the dealer, and demand to get what you agreed to, and paid for, or your going to have them arrested, etc..., correct?

Or what if they call you and tell you the car is in, but when you go to get it and they tell you it was stolen the night before, and it's not their fault, so they are not going to give you back the money you paid, your going to make them reimburse you all the money, or produce the item at the same cost, even if they have to pay more out of their pocket, aren't you?

Your not just going to let them get away with taking your money, are you?
The proper analogy here would be if you bought a car and had it delivered to your house and it was stolen out of your driveway. Not sure that would be the dealership's fault.

there's two things: things you COULD do, and things you SHOULD do

by ebay policy: you could file a claim, and get your money back. it is the seller's responsibility to make sure it gets there as sold. it is the seller's responsibility to use delivery confirmation and insurance, not the buyer.

so, yes, you could file, and get a full refund.

this is what you COULD do

as for what you SHOULD do:

this theft wasnt done by the seller, most likely. so whiule he technically responsible, he didnt nothing wrong. splitting the difference is a way to share the pain.

if he offered a 5 dollar refund, take it

then go out and find the person that stole it and kneecap them

to bad tops and painni don't fallow through with there redemptions like the car example, isn't that stealing too? i know people who received a card in pack that i have been waiting for the redemption to be filled for 7 months now. you can only blame the athlete for so long. All i can add is good luck
http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/scampbell379/
I collect Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Stan Musial in base ball and all the OFF Roaders in NASCAR, and bust FB every now and then but no emotional attachment to any of the hits i pull if some thing catches your eye let me know

It's sucks that happened but you can't put any responsibility on the seller or Ebay or the Post Office. If the enveloped was "knifed" open and the contents were gone than the incident obviously happened after all parties fulfilled their obligation. The post office is not going to deliver an envelope that has been opened through forced entry. They will deliver it bent, creased, wet, etc...but not ripped or "knifed" open.