`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone interested in my Ryan Braun Collection?

Anyone interested in my Ryan Braun Collection?
It really doesn't even deserve to be called a collection anymore unfortunately. I'm gonna go ahead and re-phrase the title of my post...Is anyone interested in the tattered remains of what was once a great Ryan Braun Collection lol? I do still own what was formerly the centerpiece of said collection which is my 2005 Bowman Heritage Red Ink On-Card Auto RC Card (Braun also individually hand wrote the super low Serial Number of 44 out of only 51 ever signed). It's also been graded by Beckett where it received an overall grade of BGS 9 although the 3 9.5 subgrades plus the 10 Auto it received gives this specific card the title of being slabbed with 'Highest Grade Ever Received' since no BGS 9.5 or 10 grades exist (and most likely never will because of the way the 05 Bowman Heritage cards come out of the pack). The Bowman Heritage from this particular year are a little rough around the edges (to say the least lol) even when they came hot off the presses directly from Topps. Anyways, the subgrades of my former centerpiece are:

2005 Bowman Heritage Ryan Braun Red Ink Autograph RC #44/51
Centering: 9.5
Edges: 9.5
Corners: 8.5
Surface: 9.5
Autograph: 10

Beckett says that these subs make the Overall Grade BGS 9 Mint but 3 9.5's and a 10 Auto will always lead me to respectfully disagree...this has always been a BGS 9.5 Gem Mint in my eyes. It might just be me but I honestly believe that the new owner of this card will feel the same way once they see it in person. After all what's that old saying about beauty being in the eye of the beholder lol?!

The other remains include a few significant RC's and the rest are just miscellaneous Braun cards...all are listed:

2005 Topps Chrome Update Ryan Braun Refractor REF RC
(2) 2006 Bowman Draft Ryan Braun Future's Game XRC?
2008 Bowman Sterling GU Jersey Refractor REF #'d 193/199
2009 UD A Piece of History Ryan Braun
2010 Bowman Ryan Braun #1
2010 Turkey Red Ryan Braun #TR18
2010 Topps Year 2020 Ryan Braun 3D Card #T1

I'm currently in the process of moving so I will most likely uncover a few more misc Braun cards in the next couple days that I would include but the most important cards left from my collection are obviously those from 2005. I am a Cincinnati Reds fan when it comes to trading but please just send me a message if your interested so that we can discuss what your dealing with. I was going to post my email but wasn't sure if that was allowed on the board...I mostly just read the posts rather than actually posting myself but I will post it if I find out that it is ok to do so. Attached are pics of the aforementioned cards...be assured that all of them have had very good care taken of them and it is still killing me that I have had to part with this collection at all but that's life! Please respond if you're interested!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Anyone interested in my Ryan Braun Collection?
I dnt think they like when you post your email. You also dnt have these cards marked for trade or for sale in your org, so they will shut this thread down on you if you dnt do that. I would be interested in some of these if you get your org straightened out . Pm me what you would need. Thanks

RE: Anyone interested in my Ryan Braun Collection?
Moved this one to the Trading message board because it seems like its the more appropriate category for this thread...Thx

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1482071.html