`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is this a joke?

RE: Is this a joke?
(01-21-2012, 12:06 AM)chads-cards Wrote: And me knowing i can get it cheaper made me stop bidding...I am diehard but not stupid.
That is what I was saying with my last post. But at some point, you have to bite the bullet and take that card off the market b/c you never know if the next one will show up while you are looking for it AND can afford it!
I did see one of my 'S' cards sell for less than I paid for mine a few months earlier, but I didn't have the money at that time to even bid on it. I was determined that I wouldn't let it slip through my hands again. I paid more than I wanted to, but less than I expected to.
I think $12 for that card was a great price and I'd have paid that much JUST to add it to my Panthers collection! I don't collect Colbert cards or other non-current Panthers, but if I could snag AU cards for that price---I would bid on it quick if I have the money in the bank. BTW, I did NOT bid on that card. I can't say that I would not have bid on it for my Panthers PC though.
I paid more for a Chris Gamble/Drew Carter dual AU'd card than I would've paid for a single Chris Gamble AU card. I did it b/c I wanted to mark a Gamble AU off of my list of Panthers AU's that I want.
Sometimes you have to take what you can get! And sometimes, you get an offer you can't refuse! I just think that complaining about $12 to get a Colbert AU that you need for your PC is a little silly. If you bid and lose, try again! Don't spend so much time complaining about being outbid. I am NOT trying to be rude and don't mean to sound rude, but this is how the hobby treats you sometimes. Just keep searching for the next one to show up and I wish you the best of luck in obtaining it the next time!!!

Oh I was not complaining at all I was just stating its crazy it went for that. I could afford it lol just dont buy stuff when its too high...I keep the same personal limits on a $5 and a $500 card...if the price isnt right I dont buy it. Im all about my collection but just didnt want that particular card as much as that guy...I hate watts's autograph so maybe that played into it. I was just simply shocked a Colbert went that high...and I know all you guys say oh $12 for an auto is nothing...but when most of his autos either sell for .99 or dont get a bid its shicking...the exquisite auto jumbo jersey in my sig cost $11...so like everyone said it was most likely a set/team collector and not a colbert collector. There are certain cards I will go all out on though. Like that T206 Collection I bought...I wanted it. And got it. Simple as that. I just didnt want this one that bad ha
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(01-21-2012, 02:43 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Oh I was not complaining at all I was just stating its crazy it went for that. I could afford it lol just dont buy stuff when its too high...I keep the same personal limits on a $5 and a $500 card...if the price isnt right I dont buy it. Im all about my collection but just didnt want that particular card as much as that guy...I hate watts's autograph so maybe that played into it. I was just simply shocked a Colbert went that high...and I know all you guys say oh $12 for an auto is nothing...but when most of his autos either sell for .99 or dont get a bid its shicking...the exquisite auto jumbo jersey in my sig cost $11...so like everyone said it was most likely a set/team collector and not a colbert collector. There are certain cards I will go all out on though. Like that T206 Collection I bought...I wanted it. And got it. Simple as that. I just didnt want this one that bad ha
Okay, I understand a bit more now. I still would've paid $12 for that card though. Again, it would only be to add his AU to my Panthers collection. I have added other former and current Panthers AU cards for about the same price or less. I got a Jonathan Stewart AU in a Panthers Uni. a few months ago for $18 DLVD!
If you have an extra of any of your Keary AU's, PM me. I am trying to get as many Panthers AU'd cards as possible. I am mostly interested in current or long-time players' AU cards. Keary was with the Panthers for a few years after being drafted, so he does fit in my list (even though he wasn't a starter for most of his time there). But as an example, Stephan LeFors and Tony Pike were never starters, but I have AU cards for each of them. I have a few other examples, but I'll leave that for later if you really want to know who they are. Wink

(01-20-2012, 12:04 AM)ft28jags Wrote: someone might know he's your guy and if they know your ebay id he could be hiking the bid to make you pay more or someone could be doing the set potentially and needs it
kinda like brane does to me with the DT33's.... hehe just kidding Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

yeah I got some extras haha. And plus I have a couple cards that id rather get for $12 right now
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS