`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995-96 Collector's Choice Player's Club Platinum Refractor??

1995-96 Collector's Choice Player's Club Platinum Refractor??
I have about 10 cards from this set that all look the same except for my Cedric Ceballos. On the Players Club Platinum stamp/logo in the bottom right corner, all of the other cards are just plain silver...but on the Cedric Ceballos, the stamp looks like a refractor. To my knowledge, there weren't any refractors in this set. Can anyone shed any light on this card??

Thanks!

RE: 1995-96 Collector's Choice Player's Club Platinum Refractor??
Are you sure the other 9 are Platinum, and not just Player's Club?
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(01-19-2012, 09:42 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Are you sure the other 9 are Platinum, and not just Player's Club?
Hah, yes...positive. I'll try and scan a couple to compare...not sure if the 'refractor' will show up or not.
Here you go...I scanned it next to another one...it just looks a lot brighter, but in person, it definitely looks like a refractor:

[Image: m4isS.jpg]

Well I only have one platinum and it looks "refractive" but I don't have one to compare to so I have no idea. Maybe the other 9 are from a different series? Series 1 or Series 2? lol.

(01-19-2012, 10:05 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Maybe the other 9 are from a different series? Series 1 or Series 2? lol.
I believe you nailed it. The set was broken down into two series, the first 210 cards were in series 1 and the next 200 cards were in series 2. I know the Hawkins card shown is from series 1 and the Ceballos is from series 2.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-19-2012, 11:44 PM)djohn Wrote: I believe you nailed it. The set was broken down into two series, the first 210 cards were in series 1 and the next 200 cards were in series 2. I know the Hawkins card shown is from series 1 and the Ceballos is from series 2.
That has got to be it! The rest of mine are from series 1....thanks for your help clearing this up!

(01-20-2012, 09:08 AM)jarrrrrod Wrote: That has got to be it! The rest of mine are from series 1....thanks for your help clearing this up!
No problem, even though I didn't think my answer was right. Smile