`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
BVG vs PSA???

RE: BVG vs PSA???
(05-26-2014, 03:02 PM)cardariffic Wrote: I could go and disect each and every one of your comments as you did on my posting. But, I'm not going to do that because you keep trying to divert the point of my posting. Here's my main point once again, the majority of COLLECTORS grade with BGS, while the majority of GRADERS (people who are in it for the sole purpose of making money) grade with PSA. I'm not talking about buying or selling or anything else. It's plain and simple. I need no evidence or study to prove this. The proof is in the pudding. There is nothing to argue, it's just the way things are. There will always be a company willing to give better grades for a cheaper price. There is a REASON BGS has made a name for themselves in the grading world. That reason is trust. If you or anyone else really feel the need to defend PSA or the long line of other grading companies that try to emulate what BGS does for less money and a cheaper product you need to take a long hard look at the reasons why. What would your reasons be for grading with PSA or some other company, Rice75?

As far as the questions you asked me, I don't think you're properly understanding what it is that I am saying. I can however understand how someone would desire their PSA 10 to be a BGS 10. Look at the comparison of prices between ANY BGS 10 graded card and ANY same card graded "10" by PSA. You will see the cold, hard facts I am talking about. The whole issue that I have which I've stated before and will state again is that PSA 10's are NOT equal to a BGS 10. Furthermore, it is decietful and IMO false advertising to slap a 10 grade on something and then just lower your standards from others. Someone who does not know this FACT could be easily duped into buying an inferior card and have a false belief that their PSA 10 is the same as a BGS 10. I will go so far as to say that there should be a single standard definition for all grading companies to give a 10 grading to a card. I also feel that BGS's definition is as good as it gets and should be the standard. I know this will never happen. But, those of us who know BGS's definition IS the golden standard for highest quality will continue to posses the finest graded examples available and will pay the premium prices that these examples deserve.

As well, you are either trying to side step or you are simply not understanding what I am saying about BGS 10's compared to PSA 10's. OF COURSE the definition of a 10 is what matters, and yes they are different for BGS and PSA. PSA 10's BY DEFINITION are inferior when compared to a BGS 10 DEFINITION. So, what is the point you are trying to make? I know what my point is and yes, it is a FACT. PSA grading standards are inferior to BGS standards. Therefore, any example of a PSA graded card will be an inferior card compared to the same graded score assesed by BGS.
+5000 Very Well said & I completely agree with ALL of these comments!!
(05-26-2014, 03:02 PM)cardariffic Wrote: Again, you are misunderstanding...he is saying YOU are the 1. We are the 93. Get it?
Is this in reference to my ignore list? IF it is, there are now 104 members on said list. Yes, rle75 is on it. But cardariffic, you are not on my ignore list. It's rle75 and 103 other members.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(05-27-2014, 12:05 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: +5000 Very Well said & I completely agree with ALL of these comments!!

Is this in reference to my ignore list? IF it is, there are now 95 members on said list. Yes, rle75 is on it. But cardariffic, you are not on my ignore list. It's rle75 and 94 other members.
Now 104 members are on my ignore list.

(05-26-2014, 03:02 PM)cardariffic Wrote: I could go and disect each and every one of your comments as you did on my posting. But, Im not going to do that because you keep trying to divert the point of my posting. Heres my main point once again, the majority of COLLECTORS grade with BGS, while the majority of GRADERS (people who are in it for the sole purpose of making money) grade with PSA. Im not talking about buying or selling or anything else. Its plain and simple. I need no evidence or study to prove this. The proof is in the pudding. There is nothing to argue, its just the way things are. There will always be a company willing to give better grades for a cheaper price. There is a REASON BGS has made a name for themselves in the grading world. That reason is trust. If you or anyone else really feal the need to defend PSA or the long line of other grading companies that try to emulate what BGS does for less money and a cheaper product you need to take a hard long look at the reasons why. What would your reasons be for grading with PSA or some other company, Rice75?

As far as the questions you asked me, I dont think youre properly understanding what it is that I am saying. First off I would NEVER suggest taking a PSA graded card and sending that into Beckett to see what you get back. I can however understand how someone would desire their PSA 10 to be a BGS 10. Look at the comparison of prices between ANY BGS 10 graded card and ANY same card graded "10" by PSA. You will see the cold, hard facts I am talking about. The whole issue that I have which Ive stated before and will state again is that PSA 10's are NOT equal to a BGS 10. Furthermore, it is decietful and IMO false advertising to slap a 10 grade on something and then just lower your standards from others. Some one who does not know this FACT could be easily duped into buying an inferior card and have a false belief that their PSA 10 is the same as a BGS 10. I will go so far as to say that there should be a single standard definition for all grading companies to give a 10 grading to a card. I also feel that BGS's definition is as good as it gets and should be the standard. I know this will never happen. But, those of us who know BGS's definition IS the golden standard for highest quality will continue to posses the finest graded examples available and will pay the premium prices that these examples deserve.

As well, you are either trying to side step or you are simply not understanding what I am saying about BGS 10's compared to PSA 10's. OF COURSE the definition of a 10 is what matters, and yes they are different for BGS and PSA. PSA 10's BY DEFINITION are inferior when compared to a BGS 10 DEFINITION. So, what is the point you are trying to make? I know what my point is and yes, it is a FACT. PSA grading standards are inferior to BGS standards. Therfor, any example of a PSA graded card will be an inferior card compared to the same graded score assesed by BGS.

Again, you are misunderstanding...he is saying YOU are the 1. We are the 93. Get it?

I was going to write a lengthy response, but not sure if the obtuse points he makes even deserve a response.

But to sum it up. I prefer both sgc and psa for my personal collection. I only use bgs to grade Jordan refractors which I resell.......we'll there goes your theory cardariffic.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Obtuse?? Please, enlighten.
So you are one in the same as riceguy up there, hmmm, didnt I say MOST? Yes, I scrolled up and I most certainly did say most. So no, my theory still holds, thank you very much. Wink Maybe it is actually you who are making the obtuse statements, eh? But really, to each his own. Of course there will be those who are okay with an inferior grade on their cards that they pay good money for. Thats quite alright, you know, it just leaves that many more beautiful REAL pristine cards out there for me and others who prefer to get the best for their money. Just sayin'! Smile)
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

(06-19-2014, 07:28 PM)cardariffic Wrote: Obtuse?? Please, enlighten.
So you are one in the same as riceguy up there, hmmm, didnt I say MOST? Yes, I scrolled up and I most certainly did say most. So no, my theory still holds, thank you very much. Wink Maybe it is actually you who are making the obtuse statements, eh? But really, to each his own. Of course there will be those who are okay with an inferior grade on their cards that they pay good money for. Thats quite alright, you know, it just leaves that many more beautiful REAL pristine cards out there for me and others who prefer to get the best for their money. Just sayin'! Smile)
So if most people use PSA for resale than BGS, please explain why Puig and Trout (2 of the highest traded people in the market) have more BGS cards on ebay than PSA.

Fact is collectors of modern cards prefer bgs, so they can sell the hottest parallel, guy relic, auto of their no name prospect to another bgs collector.

People collect PSA for the registry and people pay premium prices because they collect.

Collectors aren't buying BGS, prospectors and investors are buying BGS. (The young crowd) ....there are exceptions (Nolan that's you Smile)
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Now serving #104

(05-26-2014, 03:02 PM)cardariffic Wrote: Heres my main point once again, the majority of COLLECTORS grade with BGS, while the majority of GRADERS (people who are in it for the sole purpose of making money) grade with PSA.
The central flaw in this thinking is that, if the majority of collectors truly did prefer BGS grading over PSA, the re-sellers would obviously be sending their cards to BGS. Because who are they selling them to?

FWIW I am one of the ones who prefers BGS, I just don't feel that I'm part of a majority on this.

(07-21-2014, 05:27 PM)Harv72b Wrote: FWIW I am one of the ones who prefers BGS.
I'm with y'all.!! It's funny, actually!!

(01-26-2012, 08:42 PM)sonnyday Wrote: On Vintage Cards PSA is much more desirable in the collecting community. Sure there are exceptions with some collectors, but most like PSA.

As for a BGS 9/9.5 going to be a nicer card then a PSA 10??? Don't quite think so.... I would take a PSA 10 any day over a BGS 9.5.
Seen many PSA 10 cards damaged do to movement in hold and cards and switched with a lower grade card. Card grading is only a matter of opinion, when you're grading a lot of cards how long do you have to inspect it? Another question do they get paid by how many cards they do per day?

I'm getting ready to submit over 100 1977-1980 Topps cards and am trying to decide between the services. I use BGS exclusively for my modern cards (almost all KC Royals), but I just don't LIKE the look of the BVG case and label. I'm honestly leaning towards SGC for these, but it's at least a month or so until I decide, so this thread was interesting.

From my view, there seem to be a lot more PSA-graded cards for sale on Ebay and other sites I look at. This may be because sellers use PSA whereas "collectors" who use BGS just don't re-sell as often. I have no proof for this, and it's just a feeling. However, there are even fewer SGC cards for sale.

For me, it's all about what will look good in my collection and the value provided. We shall see....