`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Bryant Ruby PMG from 08'09 SkyBox..

Kobe Bryant Ruby PMG from 08'09 SkyBox..
People want to talk about Panini's version of PMG's. Check out what this Kobe ruby PMG from 08'09 SkyBox fetched.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290656007267?ssP...1438.l2649

There's another up that is graded but I can't post a link to a live auction, so will post that when it ends to see the price difference. I don't know, everyone has their own preference for graded cards vs. raw cards. I prefer raw cards. Even with buying on eBay, I don't buy graded cards, once I see it's graded I don't even bother. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, this is just my personal preference.. I think the graded one that is up will end for more than this one did but we shall see..

If I remember right, the first #'d to 5 out of 50 are the emerald PMGs and the #'d 6-50 are the ruby PMGs from 08'09 SkyBox...but I'm not sure..anyone else remember?
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

RE: Kobe Bryant Ruby PMG from 08'09 SkyBox..
That's almost ridiculous

Although i like the idea of it why all of the sudden are these pretty much "Basic serial #'d inserts" becoming so saught after?

I think people are just hyping them up... same as in the 90's... they hyped up SHAQ RC Inserts & MJ inserts from the 90's .. then they all dropped... well most of them... that were before, say, 97.. just my opinion...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Yep jpleazeme is correct. I sold a rare Kobe Metal insert for almost $100 more than I paid for it after less than two months. Now it would fetch more than I paid for it but about $20 more instead of that $100 I got out of it and bought some set needs with.

Market trends in basketball are sooooo weird compared to other sports.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

I saw all those sales by that seller on Sunday night. They all went for insane prices...I mean can you always trust the prices these overseas sellers get with shilling and all. I mean I get it someone had to put that price as their bid, I just shake my head when I see some of these sale values.

The market trends on basketball seem to almost go in a game by game basis. Thats what I've been seeing with Kobe and several of the younger players rc autos (08-09 rc year and newer).
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(01-18-2012, 02:15 AM)vgqv Wrote: People want to talk about Panini's version of PMG's. Check out what this Kobe ruby PMG from 08'09 SkyBox fetched.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290656007267?ssP...1438.l2649

There's another up that is graded but I can't post a link to a live auction, so will post that when it ends to see the price difference. I don't know, everyone has their own preference for graded cards vs. raw cards. I prefer raw cards. Even with buying on eBay, I don't buy graded cards, once I see it's graded I don't even bother. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, this is just my personal preference.. I think the graded one that is up will end for more than this one did but we shall see..

If I remember right, the first #'d to 5 out of 50 are the emerald PMGs and the #'d 6-50 are the ruby PMGs from 08'09 SkyBox...but I'm not sure..anyone else remember?
It should be the first 10 are emerald and the last 40 are ruby. I collect Kobe and pulled this one when the 08-09 Skybox came out:
[Image: utf-8BSU1BRzA2MjgtMS5qcGc.jpg]
I was at my lcs at the time and just spent a lot of bread on cardboard. I saw the box and decided to bust a pack just to see what the product was like. I think I pulled a C.J. Watson auto and this Kobe ruby. At the time I didn't think to much of it and didn't even show my Kobe pull, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(01-18-2012, 03:39 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: It should be the first 10 are emerald and the last 40 are ruby. I collect Kobe and pulled this one when the 08-09 Skybox came out:
[Image: utf-8BSU1BRzA2MjgtMS5qcGc.jpg]
I was at my lcs at the time and just spent a lot of bread on cardboard. I saw the box and decided to bust a pack just to see what the product was like. I think I pulled a C.J. Watson auto and this Kobe ruby. At the time I didn't think to much of it and didn't even show my Kobe pull, lol.
But your card is different than the one that sold in the auction, whereas that one said on the front, "precious metal gems" in the lower corner. Yours looks like the base card from 08'09 SkyBox but like a ruby parallel, I guess? Have I got that right?
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

But your card is different than the one that sold in the auction, whereas that one said on the front, "precious metal gems" in the lower corner. Yours looks like the base card from 08'09 SkyBox but like a ruby parallel, I guess? Have I got that right?
[/quote]

Yeah, mine is the ruby version # /50, not the precious metals. The precious metals hold a little more weight with collectors, but the rubies are held pretty high as well. When I first got it, I didn't really think of the value to much. I was just happy to pull something for my PC. Once I did some researching, I realized what I had, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I don't get it. $680 for that and you can get an auto for a little more than $100........There are some Dumb collectors out there.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]