`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for good thoughts and prayers

RE: Looking for good thoughts and prayers
Jake, you're wife and family are in my prayers.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

Thanks again to all of you. Just so every one knows we got here in Denver and she will start the dialysis in the morning. She is so scared as am I, but I know God will be with us, and all of your kind words and prayers as well. I just wanted to tell you all how great of a wife I have. After we checked in our hotel, she told me to find a card shop here, so I did, I told her I didn't need to go they were the last thing on my mind. Well she said she wanted to go ( yeah right ) so we did, and she bought me 3 hobby boxes and bunch of supply's. The box of finest I didn't even know she got me. I am blessed man. One thing this has taught me is how lucky I really am to have her and boys. We had a blast at the shop is was so crazy full from the floor to the ceiling with everything you could imagain. We got the boys each a nice football auto of their favorite players to. Great day. Thanks for everything guys it means so much to all of us right now.

Glad to hear that she is helping keep your spirits up, she sounds like a keeper, lol. Sounds like you and the family had a fun time, which is always refreshing in tough times. Keep hanging in there
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

Here's a small update guys. Today was the first dialysis treatment. Went okay, a lot of pain at first but got better towards the end. Tomorrow will harder as she has to do twice the amount of cycles and solution. All is going well just exhausted. Thought I would post a pic of her first time for those who don't know what PD dialysis looks like.

[Image: 917ac777.jpg]

Glad to hear things are going well for you! I can imagine being able to go to the card store was a nice little relief for all of you, even if she doesn't really like them Smile Keep your spirits up buddy!
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

Just an update that we made it home late last night. The wife is doing ok, hard to adjust to entirely new way of life. She has spent a lot of time in tears, but is doing good for the major life change. Way happy to be home, and find my mail box filled with awesome cards. Thanks to all my traders. God is good, and helped my family be strong, I thank all of you for your prayers and kind words, they help more than you will ever know. jake

(01-28-2012, 03:35 PM)Jakelovescards Wrote: Just an update that we made it home late last night. The wife is doing ok, hard to adjust to entirely new way of life. She has spent a lot of time in tears, but is doing good for the major life change. Way happy to be home, and find my mail box filled with awesome cards. Thanks to all my traders. God is good, and helped my family be strong, I thank all of you for your prayers and kind words, they help more than you will ever know. jake
I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

We will be praying for you, your wife, and your kids.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]