`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
set collectors, do you buy hobby or jumbo boxes?

set collectors, do you buy hobby or jumbo boxes?
I have some paypal money right now and want to pre-order some boxes. I got two boxes of heritage and cant decide if I should get a hobby or jumbo of topps series 1.
Any suggestions?

RE: set collectors, do you buy hobby or jumbo boxes?
I usually buy one jumbo because it gives me nearly and entire set PLUS it has 3 guaranteed hits opposed to 1 in regular hobby.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

If your going to build a Heritage set buy retail. You get the same amount of SP's at a lower price per box. Unless you get a GOOD hit which is rare at only 1 per hobby box. You will still spend a good amount getting the SP's on the secondary market.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

It really depends on the set and whether I go for a base set, master set, or master set with inserts. For a base set and sometimes a master set I usually go with retail as it is usually a lot cheaper than hobby. The deciding factor on a master set is whether the SPs and Variations fall at the same rate in hobby and retail (and then I figure out whether it's cheaper per SP hit to buy the hobby or retail). If I want the inserts then I definitely go for jumbo as they tend to deliver the most inserts.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I think the jumbo would be better. I wish GQ would make a jumbo box.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(01-15-2012, 10:55 PM)thj0011 Wrote: I usually buy one jumbo because it gives me nearly and entire set PLUS it has 3 guaranteed hits opposed to 1 in regular hobby.
This is what I usually do

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I usually buy the regular hobby, unless the price on the jumbo is too good to pass up. If the price on jumbo was only $20 more and guaranteed 2 more autographs, I would go with the jumbo.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.