`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Awesome hobby weekend!
01-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Awesome hobby weekend!
Unable to pick up a full box yesterday (as they were sold out,) I decided to pick up a handful of random packs at my local news shop. At this particular shop there's no way to pick your own packs, because they're stuck in a pack dispenser behind the register, next to the lotto tickets, so the cashier is the only one who can dish them out. Must have been my lucky day, because I did surprisingly well considering what I ended up picking up. I bought three packs each of 11-12 Black Diamond, 11-12 O-Pee-Chee, 11-12 Pinnacle, 10-11 Pinnacle and one single pack of 2011-12 Artifacts.

First up, from the three packs of O-Pee-Chee, I ended up pulling a Teemu Selanne Rainbow parallel, and only one real hit, a nice quad-jersey Souvenirs card featuring Buffalo Sabres Thomas Vanek, Tyler Myers, Nathan Gerbe and Tyler Ennis. Solid card for $6 in O-Pee-Chee packs, I must say...

[Image: 2011-12OPCSouvenirs-Buffalo.jpg]

Moving on to the 2010-11 Pinnacle. First pack was all base, the second had a Patrik Elias Rink Collection, and the final pack contained a nice City Lights jersey of Daniel Sedin...

[Image: 10-11PinnacleCityLightsMaterials-DanielSedin.jpg]

Got a little bit luckier with this year's Pinnacle, as I got three hits in three packs. First a Zac Rinaldo RC, then a Claude Giroux Rink Collection parallel, and the third pack held a nice Pinnacle Threads jersey of Keith Yandle...

[Image: 11-12PinnacleThreads-KeithYandle.jpg]

Next up, one pack of Artifacts, which had a decoy in it. The decoy wasn't a big thick one though, just a smaller one, which hid this Tundra Tandems card of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin behind it...

[Image: 11-12ArtifactsTundraTandems-CrosbyandMalkin.jpg]

Finally, my three packs of 2011-12 Black Diamond. First pack gave up a nice two-color jersey card of Claude Giroux...

[Image: 11-12BlackDiamondJersey-ClaudeGiroux.jpg]

Pack two contained a sweet insert, a Championship Rings card of Duncan Keith...

[Image: 11-12BlackDiamondChampionshipRings-DuncanKeith.jpg]

And finally, expecting my luck to run out at the end of the break, I was pleasantly surprised to see this young man sitting behind a decoy...

[Image: 11-12BlackDiamond-RyanNugentHopkinsRC.jpg]

How can I complain? I spent less than $50 and ended up pulling quite a few nice cards.

Finally, after I got home from the news shop, this was waiting in the mail for me...

[Image: 02-03FleerThrowbacksSquaringOff-NeelyvsSamuelsson.jpg]

A card featuring my all-time favorite, Cam Neely, and my all-time least favorite and most hated player, Ulf "Cheap-shot" Samuelsson.

Eventful day, for sure, and it just kept on coming. I set an alarm to pop online at 2:30 in the morning to see if anyone had bid on a card I had my eye on. Still zero bids on this thing with just over a minute to go, so I threw down the minimum bid on in, just to see what happened. Just over a minute later, I was the proud buyer of a 2011-12 Artifacts Black autograph of Patrick Roy, #5/5!

To top it off, I threw a bid on an Eric Lindros autograph tonight, and won that as well! That's two bids, two wins, and two incredible new additions to my all-star PC, in two days. It makes up for the trades that I had that would have landed me a Brodeur and Fuhr autos, for sure. Tomorrow I'm going to sit hit a local card show with a pocket full of high end traders, and when I get home, I'm going to back and try to make some more trades to hopefully get that PC chugging along.

Everything pictured (except for the Neely/Ulf dual jersey and the RNH Black Diamond RC, those are PC) will be available for trade for my far-too-many PC's.

Thanks for looking!
-Chris

[Image: NeelyOvechkinCustom_zpsf830b4f9.jpg]
Collecting Cam Neely & Alex Ovechkin
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2012, 11:29 PM
RE: Awesome hobby weekend!
nice pulls... I could use the RNH, I just pulled a Neely gemography auto if you might want that for starters? Smile

[Image: NEWSIG.jpg]
http://s49.photobucket.com/home/dragik420/index

Datsyuk 1 of 1's: 20
01-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Hanging on to one copy of each of the RNH rookies I pull, but I've still got a bunch of stuff available. Check me for the Neely for sure, I'm interested in it. Pulled a nice Pinnacle Game Night Materials Prime of Datsyuk, and also threw a couple of his jersey cards that were formerly PC into the org for trade. Have a look and see if we can make something happen!

01-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Wow! That is some fantastic luck, Chris!!! Congrats on the amazing hits from the random packs, and the great mail/eBay day! I bet you would love to be able to mangle the other half of the Neely card without consequence, huh? Haha! Awesome story, and thanks for the great read!

Randi

Jaroslav Halak-254/727=34.9%
Photobucket
[Image: HALAK_zps26c7055e.jpg]
01-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Great story - Good things do happen to collectors every now and then !!!

Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector
01-16-2012, 07:50 AM
nice hits

and love the Samuelsson, does it say if it is from a Whalers jersey

using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)
01-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks for looking everyone!

No J.J., the card backs states that it's from a Flyers jersey.

01-16-2012, 08:02 AM
ok, was going to go nuts if it was Whalers mem....

at least i can keep it where it is on my list

using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)
01-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Nice pulls Chris!!! You have the best luck on random packs. Congrats!!!

Collecting:
Beau Bennett Super Collector/ Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: pens1fanbanner-1.png]
Banner by tha penguin
01-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Love the fleer throwbacks dual !!

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES