`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyway to know which products are College only?

Anyway to know which products are College only?
Alright, so I'm trying to get a master checklist going of the Redskins cards I want. But I do not want to collect any cards unless they mention the player was drafted by the Redskins. I know SAGE and Press Pass are two that I get rid of. But what are the others. I have this question because I came across this card on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Leaf-Rookie...4843a5fba1

Now there is no mention of the Redskins on the front, I do not know if their is a mention of the Redskins on the back... and I'm just wondering if there is anyway to know maybe based on date of release of the boxes or if they specify which cards are, or do you just have to do your due diligence and delete the cards off your checklist as you find them?

Because of this card mentioned he was a draft pick of the Redskins on the back of the card I would buy it, if not I don't want.

LMK, thanks for any help. I'm new to the hobby, so bare with me if this is a dumb question!

RE: Anyway to know which products are College only?
I would just message the seller whenever you find a card that youre not sure of like this...
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(01-15-2012, 10:11 PM)the great 48 Wrote: I would just message the seller whenever you find a card that youre not sure of like this...
Thinking outside the box! I like it

It's not only college, many listings don't say they are retail so you have to know when products have different cards for retail and hobby.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

Okay okay - here's the deal - NCAA had contracts with different companies in the past - really, all of them. That's why you could get collegiate patches (with college logos) on different brands of cards.

Starting this year, NCAA went with one company only (and I mean 2011). Upper Deck. Press pass and sage have collegiate cards, but they have NO collegiate logos. So, prior to 2011, you could find officially licensed NCAA cards with other companies.

That's what you found - a licensed collegiate card from Leaf (a subset from their normal set)
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(01-16-2012, 07:46 PM)ugameck Wrote: Okay okay - here's the deal - NCAA had contracts with different companies in the past - really, all of them. That's why you could get collegiate patches (with college logos) on different brands of cards.

Starting this year, NCAA went with one company only (and I mean 2011). Upper Deck. Press pass and sage have collegiate cards, but they have NO collegiate logos. So, prior to 2011, you could find officially licensed NCAA cards with other companies.

That's what you found - a licensed collegiate card from Leaf (a subset from their normal set)
Dang, that makes it tricky to be a team player collector. I only want to collect cards with the redskins name on it or the redskins logo. But that would include the back of the card which makes looking at ebay pictures tricky.

Well, you can still find cards that have players in college jerseys but without logos (and no marks on helmets) - but have the NFL team as the draft team - check Playoff Prestige NFL set for that - but I don't believe there is anything anymore that has BOTH.

Yea exclusive contracts!!! *sarcasm

And Elite...
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]