`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MVP/MIP

MVP/MIP
Hello all. Long time. I am going to start blogging about basketball. Just started it up and wrote my first piece early today, so if you have the time please check it out. If you like it, follow it. Feel free to discuss.

tupark82.wordpress.com

so far in the season, MVP goes to Kobe and MIP goes to Lowry. thoughts?
I collect Stephen Curry Rookie Autos/Patches

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/t...n%20Curry/

[Image: tupark_edited-1floor.gif]

RE: MVP/MIP
For me, no, MVP is between Durant and Rose, the team rises and falls with them. As for most improved, that's always a difficult award. However, I think I like Greg Monroe for the MIP. Just depends on how consistent he stays. Glad to see you back. Still collecting?
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(01-14-2012, 07:00 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: For me, no, MVP is between Durant and Rose, the team rises and falls with them. As for most improved, that's always a difficult award. However, I think I like Greg Monroe for the MIP. Just depends on how consistent he stays. Glad to see you back. Still collecting?
it could always be someone different. it all comes down to the story line, and i think kobe is taking that cake right now w/ the scoring barrages at his age. i'm not surprised that u like monroe... lol. but he really is up there. i'm really impressed by his improvement offensively this season.

and thank you. i am close to done collecting because i have just about all the curry cards i could get my hands on... u should see my bucket sometime lol
I collect Stephen Curry Rookie Autos/Patches

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/t...n%20Curry/

[Image: tupark_edited-1floor.gif]

(01-14-2012, 07:11 PM)tupark82 Wrote: it could always be someone different. it all comes down to the story line, and i think kobe is taking that cake right now w/ the scoring barrages at his age. i'm not surprised that u like monroe... lol. but he really is up there. i'm really impressed by his improvement offensively this season.

and thank you. i am close to done collecting because i have just about all the curry cards i could get my hands on... u should see my bucket sometime lol
Well unfortunately I haven't have the opportunity to watch many games, but based on his stats and what I've been reading, he's developed a mid range shot (saw one highlight where it looked fluid), he's amazing at passing, he's gotten quicker, it's looking good. Smile And no, it's not because I'm a homer. Tongue

Lowry? No way. He just throws a bunch of crap up on a crappy team full of selfish players. He, Martin, and Scola are hogs in my opinion.

Ryan Anderson is really improved this year and helped Howard greatly.

Durant is a beast but has a great cast around him-Westbrook and Harden (who also could be MIP). Kobe has very few consistent helpers. Kobe hands down.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

Yes, Harden and Anderson do deserve some consideration for MIP.

Uhhhh You should see how Mullens stats have improved. Homer? yes. But it really is incredible. Who goes from the bench to double doubles, 20+ point games, only has missed two free throws and got a starting spot in less than 12 games? Monroe does look very good though. I was at the beatdown that Detroit gave us, and he looks great. Kobe? Not MVP. Its too eartly for MVP talks. Speculation is all that is there now. I would assume Durant or Rose, but like I said, it is way too early to know seriously. I want to know who everyone thinks will be ROY. Im starting to think its going to either be very obvious soon or a crap shot when it comes down to it and not many will be satisfied with the pick. Lots of candidates, but nothing too extraordinary IMO.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I'm not trying to be a homer on this, but I may be, but I think Knight has a good shot at ROY. He MAY have won the starting spot. Not necessarily over Stuckey, but in lue of Stuckey's injury. But he's playing well enough, and Stuckey is providing a spark off the bench. But if Knight does become the every day PG starter, as fast as he's been developing, he could be averaging 18PPG by the end of the year, he just has to control his turnovers, which he didn't have any in the game against the Bobcats, so that made me happy.

And Quavis, tell your boy to cool it, he don't need to be coming at Gordon like that. lol.

coming from a pistons fan that means nothing Wink henderson has proven a few times in his career not to mess with himWink
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(01-15-2012, 03:17 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: coming from a pistons fan that means nothing Wink henderson has proven a few times in his career not to mess with himWink
Don't make us go all Pacers on ya. lol. (Man, I hate that Pacer incident, does not make me proud).