`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do?

What should I do?
I recently bought this Adam Everett auto on eBay. It's part of my collecting goal to get an auto from every member of the 2005 Astros WS team. I'm trying to get most through TTM or in person signings but some don't do either much so I have to buy their auto cards.

In the description the card was described as Near Mint condition but when I opened up the package I noticed a pretty decent scratch about 1/2"-3/4" long (you can't see the whole thing in the scan but it goes right up to the middle of the A in Astros) right above the autograph box. I wouldn't describe a card that has a clearly visible scratch as Near Mint.

Here's my question, should I ding him for description without contacting him? Or should I contact the seller and ask for a partial refund and then give a solid 5 stars?

Any help would be appreciated and I'm not trying to sound petty with this complaint.

[Image: AdamEverett.jpg]
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

RE: What should I do?
I'd contact the seller about it and see if he'll be willing to try and work something out. I know many sellers are willing to work something out if the customer isn't happy, but then are also many sellers who don't really care at all
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

Ide contact the seller, there is achance he didnt see it perhaps.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(01-13-2012, 07:17 PM)Krangry Wrote: Ide contact the seller, there is achance he didnt see it perhaps.
+1
Looking for Cardinal Autos, Kaleb Cowart, Sweet Spot Autos

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz276/RANDYK72/

[Image: 004-1.jpg]

I would contact the seller first, if you have problems with him well then ding!! In any case do what I do if its a card I like and its not in to bad of a condition I'll hold on to it and keep looking for a better one.

Thanks for the help guys. I got it pretty cheap so I don't want to complain too much. I contacted the seller and since it's for my PC I can just hold onto it and hopefully Everett will eventually sign TTM style. Thanks again for the help.

(01-13-2012, 07:17 PM)Krangry Wrote: Ide contact the seller, there is achance he didnt see it perhaps.
I'd contact the seller and see if he's ok with what you want to do. If you keep it, maybe ask for a partial refund. If the refund is given, leave 5 stars. If keeping with no refund, 3 or higher stars. If he's a jerk, ding him hard. The whole I did'nt see it part don't fly with me. If we can see some of the scratch in the OP's scan, it must be really bad in real life. Most scratches you cant see in a scan, as he states "you cant see it all, but it goes up to the A in Astros". It's also not a tiny 2mm scratch, it's about a 1/2 inch or bigger. Thats a scratch you can see head on, no tilting it in the light required. I just cant see how that is overlooked as your trying to sell or trade a card, and list it as NM.

(01-13-2012, 10:30 PM)murrylove Wrote: I'd contact the seller and see if he's ok with what you want to do. If you keep it, maybe ask for a partial refund. If the refund is given, leave 5 stars. If keeping with no refund, 3 or higher stars. If he's a jerk, ding him hard. The whole I did'nt see it part don't fly with me. If we can see some of the scratch in the OP's scan, it must be really bad in real life. Most scratches you cant see in a scan, as he states "you cant see it all, but it goes up to the A in Astros". It's also not a tiny 2mm scratch, it's about a 1/2 inch or bigger. Thats a scratch you can see head on, no tilting it in the light required. I just cant see how that is overlooked as your trying to sell or trade a card, and list it as NM.
The seller was really cool after I contacted him. Offered a partial refund and was understanding. Will be leaving 5 stars for him once Paypal refund is issued.

Thanks again all for the help!