`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
? about grading a 1 of 1 card...
01-13-2012, 01:57 PM
? about grading a 1 of 1 card...
I have been out of collecting for a few years but have recently started back up and as I was looking through some of my older stuff I stumbled across a 2004 Donruss Diamond Kings Nic Jackson autograph Crowning Moment card that is numbered 1 of 1. My question is, by looking at the card I can tell that the corners on the back of the card(card is very thick) aren't perfect but other than that I can't find any flaws, would it be worth it to get it graded? Nic Jackson will probably never be a star and maybe never a MLB player but it is a very rare card. I would hate to spend the money, get a 7 or 8 grade and then the card be worth even less.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: ? about grading a 1 of 1 card...
I don't think it's worth it with a 1 of 1 unless you're just going for protection. Even if it got a 3, it has no competition with other cards for a grade so a 3 is the highest it can possibly get. If someone really wanted it, they'd pay whatever for it anyway since they're not going to be able to find another.
01-13-2012, 10:04 PM
RE: ? about grading a 1 of 1 card...
(01-13-2012 02:57 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote:  I don't think it's worth it with a 1 of 1 unless you're just going for protection. Even if it got a 3, it has no competition with other cards for a grade so a 3 is the highest it can possibly get. If someone really wanted it, they'd pay whatever for it anyway since they're not going to be able to find another.

+1 I really see no point in grading a 1/1. It is what it is.

[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket