`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoutouts to david campos, buckunteer, and some unknown user.

Shoutouts to david campos, buckunteer, and some unknown user.

To the unknown user

I completely forgot to put this first shoutout up there a few weeks ago, but some user from here saw my donation of cards to the Children's Hospital and decided to send me a few Basketball Card binders. One was a harder binder with basketballs all over it (my youngest loves it, he loves any sports ball) and two or three others were big binders stating that they were for Basketball Trading Cards. They sent a letter with it and didn't reveal their username. Now, because they have my address, unless they got it from someone who's traded with me (shakes finger like a scolding grandpa, lol), I'm assuming I've traded with them before. I don't have the box anymore, but I think it was from Illinois, could be wrong. However, thank you very much for the binders. It allowed me to get rid of some of the smaller binders that I have and my shelf looks more organized because of it. So thank you very much.

buckunteer

I'm really starting to dislike the Jordan collectors in a good way. NickM and buckunteer have sent me packages out of the blue with stuff that I've needed, and I highly appreciate it. It just sucks that I do not have anything that they collect to send back in return. These two are just a few members that are nice enough to send care packages, so I'm not intentionally leaving anyone out. But most others that send me care packages collect stuff I can send them and feel "redeemed". Smile Buckunteer just sent me a small package with about 3 set needs and 1 Pistons PC need, so it is highly appreciated. Here's the Pistons PC need (which I didn't even have listed in my Organize as a want, but he knows my collecting habits).

1995-96 Metal Silver Spotlight #106 Oliver Miller

david campos

First off, he was very patient working with me, allowing me to take a couple of days to finish trades with other users so I could give him free range on everything I had. Secondly, he was very understanding when I told him that either I wrote his zip code down wrong or the post office read it wrong and it was going to a city close to him, but not his city. Thankfully, the post office has re-routed it and it should be there today. Normally, unless they're cheaper cards, I hate to give up any MJ or Kobe or the like for equal BV of Pistons cards because if I wanted to get my money's worth out of it, I could probably sell those cards and get enough to get the same amount of Pistons plus more. However, I'm trying to turn a new leaf on my trading habits and just trading to trade. I'm so glad I did. The trade was over $200 going each way and some of the cards I was getting I didn't know what they looked like. Man, he sent me some beautiful cards, probably some of my favorite looking cards I have in my entire PC. No GU, no Au, but these are beautiful cards. He sent me 54, so I can't post all of the pictures, but I've uploaded all of the scans into the system (since it's working faster) and here's a taste of some of my favorite ones he sent me.

The black border at the top and side is from my scanner and where I scan the cards, but the card is translucent.

I've really been wanting to get these cards, glad to have one finally. Now I have to get the parallels.

This card makes me want to try to find a box of HoloGrFx. The cards all look amazing and from what I can see (even though I can't find a box for sale) seem pretty cheap (one website has it on their buy list, what they will pay for it, at $25, so I couldn't see the box being more than $50).
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Shoutouts to david campos, buckunteer, and some unknown user.
That purple star power will look good next to my green one Smile

(01-13-2012, 12:54 PM)libs021 Wrote: That purple star power will look good next to my green one Smile
I agree, do you want me to PM you my address so you can send it to me? lol.

Found that Oliver Miller and realized you might not have it listed as a need since it's technically a Raptors card

That's what this community is all about! I had a trader awhile back (wish I could remember who, I think he lived in Maryland) send a $10 MJ I needed as an extra! We get so much from this site we gotta give back, right?
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(01-13-2012, 02:16 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Found that Oliver Miller and realized you might not have it listed as a need since it's technically a Raptors card

That's what this community is all about! I had a trader awhile back (wish I could remember who, I think he lived in Maryland) send a $10 MJ I needed as an extra! We get so much from this site we gotta give back, right?
I agree. I haven't seen a better community yet. Smile

Haha no worries about sending me a random package yet. I dont expect one either. I sent you the cards for two simple reasons: 1) All of our trades have always gone well, so I figured I would send you the packages to show that and 2) All of my cards that are not PC or trade bait have gone to storage. I will probably keep them there for a long time. Instead of letting cards just sit in a dark cold storage alone, without an owner, I figured Xstream would give them the love and support they needed haha!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(01-14-2012, 03:36 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: Haha no worries about sending me a random package yet. I dont expect one either. I sent you the cards for two simple reasons: 1) All of our trades have always gone well, so I figured I would send you the packages to show that and 2) All of my cards that are not PC or trade bait have gone to storage. I will probably keep them there for a long time. Instead of letting cards just sit in a dark cold storage alone, without an owner, I figured Xstream would give them the love and support they needed haha!
Thanks man, I do appreciate it highly.