`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Rangers Fanfest

Question about Rangers Fanfest
Rangers fanfest is this weekend in Dallas. Does anyone know if they have a card show at the fanfest? I know they used to, but was curious if they still do.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Question about Rangers Fanfest
No they don't. Haven't done that in at least 3 years. I sure do miss that. They have a mini GrandSlam gift shop now. And, a lot of other fun thigs to see and do.
Did you see Saturdays auto lineup? Includes Nolan Ryan, Josh Hamilton and Kinsler. Not to mention Profar.
Free autos. Just have to be there 3 hours early and be lucky to get 1 of those top 3 mentioned.
Member 8670

thought all fanfests had dealers that had cards?
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(01-12-2012, 10:41 PM)chads-cards Wrote: thought all fanfests had dealers that had cards?
Not the Rangers. I think that they think baseball cards have nothing to do with baseball. Or, they don't make enough money off of the dealers. Either way, it's pretty sad.
Not to mention that the entire Dallas area can't get but 1 card show here per year.

Member 8670

(01-12-2012, 10:30 PM)just4cards Wrote: No they don't. Haven't done that in at least 3 years. I sure do miss that. They have a mini GrandSlam gift shop now. And, a lot of other fun thigs to see and do.
Did you see Saturdays auto lineup? Includes Nolan Ryan, Josh Hamilton and Kinsler. Not to mention Profar.
Free autos. Just have to be there 3 hours early and be lucky to get 1 of those top 3 mentioned.
I bought Sunday tickets before I saw the lineup. Oh well. It should still be fun.

(01-12-2012, 11:08 PM)just4cards Wrote: Not the Rangers. I think that they think baseball cards have nothing to do with baseball. Or, they don't make enough money off of the dealers. Either way, it's pretty sad.
Not to mention that the entire Dallas area can't get but 1 card show here per year.
we do pittsburghs and even the PIRATES do it haha

Crazyforkinsler, I'm sure you already know about this but the Rangers 2012 Winter Caravan started on Wednesday. The only reason I know is cause the Astros schedule is on the same Academy page. I know there aren't cards at these stops but it's a nice way to get free auto's, just have to show up a bit early depending on the players there that day. I plan on going to a couple of the Astros signings.

Here is the schedule:

https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store...yPFw%3D%3D
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

(01-12-2012, 11:24 PM)chads-cards Wrote: we do pittsburghs and even the PIRATES do it haha
The Mariners don't have a card show with their Fanfest. I don't think they ever have.

(01-12-2012, 11:56 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: The Mariners don't have a card show with their Fanfest. I don't think they ever have.
im not talking a card show Just vendors who have cards

There are no card dealers involved with Fan Fest here in Dallas. I know there have been a few attempts in recent years to have a card show element return but from what I have heard the Rangers management did not want to have a card show as part of Fan Fest.

Now, if the Rangers go from a World Series team to back where they were 20 years ago, then they might return under the umbrella of we need all the help we can get.

And I do know, although it is a small show, in Allen there is a monthly show the 3rd Saturday of each month at the Hampton Inn (75 and Stacy). I will be going next week, if for no other reason than I have to buy some new shoes which are only available at the outlet mall next door.

Rich