Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996-97 Topps series 2 basketball box break
Video 
1996-97 Topps series 2 basketball box break
Busted a box in search for some decent Kobe rookies and whatever else I might pull. Did so-so.

Here's a video for the full break, if you just want to see the hits, after a few seconds a link pops up for the recap.

RE: 1996-97 Topps series 2 basketball box break
You get any KB?

Nice pull on the mystery finest hardaway. Did you peel off the black sticker to see if it was a refractor?

(01-15-2012, 04:02 AM)kct1 Wrote: Nice pull on the mystery finest hardaway. Did you peel off the black sticker to see if it was a refractor?

It is SO hard to keep these cards in nice condition, but you gotta peel that black off! I have the MJ refractor from the 95-96 topps where there were 3 players on the back and you had to peel the back to figure out which one you had! Thankfully the corner stayed pretty decent.

I think you did well on this break though folkertino, 3 Bryant RCs and some good looking inserts!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(01-15-2012, 04:02 AM)kct1 Wrote: Nice pull on the mystery finest hardaway. Did you peel off the black sticker to see if it was a refractor?
I did, they were both regular versions. I think otherwise it would also have said under the card number. I felt so stupid when I pulled them and had no clue what they were, lol. I even rubbed them to see if something appeared when they warm up, haha.

(01-15-2012, 07:38 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I think you did well on this break though folkertino, 3 Bryant RCs and some good looking inserts!
Yeah I can't really make up my mind. I had hoped for a really good insert, which I thought I had with the Olajuwon but that turned out to book quite low. Pulling three Kobe RCs was good though.