`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is it just me?

Is it just me?
The term Supercollector and Supercollecting is getting slightly annoying haha...cant we all just be collectors? I have used the term before im not immune. Just seems like everyone is "super collecting" and have like 10 cards out of the player 600...I am not bashing anyones PC whatsoever. But for me atleast (which I still dont think my collection is SUPER) I just started collecting him. I didnt have the intentions on going after every card available...just me wanting to vent ha. Anyone else think its getting out of hand?
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: Is it just me?
I think it is being used to easily. When I think of Super collectors I think of a person that has a huge number of cards of whatever player or team they collect. Like myself I try to get one of every card from Base to insert to gu and Auto. I remember one time a guy was collecting one of my pc players but he only collected Autos of the guy. He had 10 of the Players 50 autos. He considered himself a Supercollector. He eventually sold me all his autos and went to Super-collect someone else. I honestly think people use the word to garner more attention to their collection. It just sounds better then
" Hey I am Modestly collecting this Player!!! Check it out"

[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

I say we set a % limits on collector categories. Something like

0-10% - Noob
11-25% - Amateur
26-50% - Collector
50-75% - Professional
76-90% - Super Collector
91-100% - Collecting Hegemon

When I think "super-collector", I think of a fan that has to have literally everything they can get their hands on pertaining to that team/player.

Cards, jerseys, shirts, hats, gloves, scarves, bobbleheads, helmets, newspapers, magazines, a box of tampons (if they every slapped a team logo on one), toys, posters, ticket stubs, photos from games, etc.

I think that would be a "super-collector". But if you sit and think about it for a bit, that's really no different from anyone else who exclusively collects the merchandise of only a select team or player(s).
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

(01-12-2012, 04:21 AM)pgrinpdt Wrote: I say we set a % limits on collector categories. Something like

0-10% - Noob
11-25% - Amateur
26-50% - Collector
50-75% - Professional
76-90% - Super Collector
91-100% - Collecting Hegemon
That would be cool but what happens if the guy only has 2 cards made? And what about the folks whose player has over 2000 cards? Would 50% of that number truly only make them a regular Collector?

One site has this as requirements:

Player Collection Applications

To apply for and reach Player Collection Super Collector status, applicants must meet all 5 requirements or 1 of the exceptions in order to be accepted. These numbers are set high for a reason.

1st Requirement- Percentage Owned
Based on the amount of cards produced of a given player, you must provide the amount produced along with how many you have. For example using the chart below. If I collect Steve Young, and he has 1799 cards. I need to have 50% of those cards. So I must have at least 899. You do not need to count 1/1s towards the total. They are viewed as more of a bonus.

Quantity produced / % you must have (changed %'s)

Your player must have 200 cards produced of him to be eligible, as players with low production runs may be too easy to obtain, for previously entered members, they are Grand-fathered in.

200-250- 90%
251-500 - 75%
501-750 - 60%
751-1000 - 50%
1001-1500 - 45%
1501+ - 40%

2nd Requirement- Auto/GU Owned
Must have at least 15% of auto/gu the player has produced.

3rd Requirement- Rookies Owned
Must have at least 60 rookie cards can be rookie of any level base, insert, gu, auto. In cases of a rookie having limited amounts of cards produced, we will accept exceptions on this, on a case by case basis. However if your player has a significant amount of rookies more then 60, do not expect to be given an exception.

4th Requirement- Not too much Base Owned
Base cards cannot be more then 60% of entire collection.

5th Requirement- Proof
We will need to see pictures, so please link your photobucket or website. If you are a Super Collector, we assume you would want to show your collection off! Let's see it! You should have the better portion of your Autos and Jerseys pictured at the very least. General pictures of binders or cases with base are acceptable.

6th Requirement- Post Count
You must have 300 posts or more to apply, those already in are exempt, but too many people are coming and posting with a handful of threads and never return.

Exceptions
These 5 requirements may not be entirely possible in every case, depending on your collector style. We realize everyone collects a little differently. Here are 2 exceptions to consider. If you are applying via one of the Exceptions, please explain which one and give us enough info.

#1- Too Many Cards Produced Exception. If the player you collect has entirely too many cards produced of him, we will consider an exception. If you own 2,000+ cards of a specific player, no more then 80% cannot be base/insert, you can apply through this exception. Therefore you need at least 400 Auto, GU/Memorabilia, Rookie, 1/1. Provide info.

#2- Too Few Cards Produced Exception. If the player you collect has been in the league for at least 5 years but had received little hobby attention and has less than the 200 cards, but more than 50, you may apply but your percentages will have to follow these guidelines: 95% for players with 51-100 cards, 90% for players with 101-199 cards.

#3- High-End Collector Exception. If you do not collect all cards of a certain player and maybe just collect Autos or Patches of a certain player, we will allow those with a Book Value of $15,000+ (with at least 100 Cards of that Specific Player Minimum). 1/1's and no book value cards can act as $bv50, but no more. Provide info. While we do not see this as a true Super Collector by our definition, we realize everyone collects differet things for different reasons.
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(01-12-2012, 04:31 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Exceptions
These 5 requirements may not be entirely possible in every case, depending on your collector style. We realize everyone collects a little differently. Here are 2 exceptions to consider. If you are applying via one of the Exceptions, please explain which one and give us enough info.

#1- Too Many Cards Produced Exception.

#2- Too Few Cards Produced Exception.

#3- High-End Collector Exception.
Alright, I agree. There has to be a minimum # of cards to be considered a super collector.

However, I do not believe cards #d < 10 should be included in the calculations. If someone has your percentages of cards #d > 10 I believe they are a super collector. 1 of 1s ruin the hobby and I refuse to ever purchase a 1 of 1 in my life in my collections. Multiple people who collect the same player should have the same opportunity to collect all those players cards without having to worry about only 1 card in existence which they will never get because another collector has it.

I personally think it ruins the fun of the game!

(01-12-2012, 04:37 AM)pgrinpdt Wrote: Alright, I agree. There has to be a minimum # of cards to be considered a super collector.

However, I do not believe cards #d < 10 should be included in the calculations. If someone has your percentages of cards #d > 10 I believe they are a super collector. 1 of 1s ruin the hobby and I refuse to ever purchase a 1 of 1 in my life in my collections. Multiple people who collect the same player should have the same opportunity to collect all those players cards without having to worry about only 1 card in existence which they will never get because another collector has it.

I personally think it ruins the fun of the game!
Agreed. I think the only time a card should be 1/1 is if it's a cut-signature.
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

(01-12-2012, 04:29 AM)TheLastDude Wrote: When I think "super-collector", I think of a fan that has to have literally everything they can get their hands on pertaining to that team/player.

Cards, jerseys, shirts, hats, gloves, scarves, bobbleheads, helmets, newspapers, magazines, a box of tampons (if they every slapped a team logo on one), toys, posters, ticket stubs, photos from games, etc.

I think that would be a "super-collector". But if you sit and think about it for a bit, that's really no different from anyone else who exclusively collects the merchandise of only a select team or player(s).
I agree with this. 100%
I know I have toys, magazines, bobble heads, Some type of wooden doll thing of Eddie. Heck I even have a Playing card that has a drawing of eddie.

Im glad people agree the term is used WAY too much
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I'm still going to use it for my T Jax and Justin Houston PCs I don't care what you all say.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641