`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I was doing some math............

So I was doing some math............
Can anyone tell me how many people it takes to keep stats for every NHL game? I am thinking it could be a ton or may be not so many, I am confused. I mean do they have 20+ people with stop watches just to clock every palyers ice time. Not to mention all the other things going on. I am guessing there must be some electronic magic as to limit how many it takes. Does anyone know this or have a friend who does do it. One of lifes mysteries......at least for me, ha ha.

RE: So I was doing some math............
If i had to guess:

1 for score sheet (G, A, P, PIM, ECT)
1-2 watching for shots
~4 watching the benches for TOI (two for each bench, 1 each focusing on forwards and Dmen)

so about 7-8 i would guess.
[Image: Beckett-Banner-temp.jpg]
Theo Peckham PC: 15/60 25% Complete *0 Incoming (1/1's - 01/45)
Adam Oates (Oilers): 04/21 19% Complete *0 Incoming
NHL 2010-11 UD Series: 454/500 90.8% Complete *0 incoming

I think every arena has video goal judges as well as one behind each net, so there is 3 to 5 more people

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

Just think how many people file in and out of the times keeper box during intermissions. You always see about 4 or 5 guys.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

4-5 down below in the pen box and a few upstairs as well.. and since the video reply is in T-dot that took away 1
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

For Islanders games, they don't need a scoresheet since they don't score goals! However, they do need 2 for the opponents scoresheet given how many goals they score, especially with DiPietro is in net, so it evens out.

The toughest part is the TOI. I bet they have a camera that just watches the bench and assign one guy for each team to do the TOI for each player.
Jaromir Jagr Collector

Jaromir Jagr Collection with scans - http://www.NHLsnipers.com/jaromir-jagr-collection

My Hockey Website - http://www.NHLsnipers.com