`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why was upperdecks license revoked??

Why was upperdecks license revoked??
Just like the title says, why did mlb revoke or not negotiate another license contract with upper deck. I just miss upper decks products. I was on their website and saw they still have NHL, NCAA, MLS, football cards, so why not baseball again.........
One things for sure, having only one licensed card maker doesnt help the business, it is well known that if you dont have any competition in any business, then you dont worry so much about products, customers etc etc. Topps needs upper deck back!!!! and while their at it, bring back fleer, donruss and pacific lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

RE: Why was upperdecks license revoked??
MLB decided they wanted a single exclusive licensed manufacturer. That, and UD's financial and legal problems (counterfeit Pokeman, eg) tilted their decision to Topps.

As for the other brands, the Fleer brand is now owned by Upper Deck, and Panini owns Donruss (and Pacific, I think)

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

RE: Why was upperdecks license revoked??
(01-11-2012, 02:35 PM)ceocards Wrote: MLB decided they wanted a single exclusive licensed manufacturer.
Ughhhh it was probably one of seligs great ideas!!!!

(01-11-2012, 02:35 PM)ceocards Wrote: As for the other brands, the Fleer brand is now owned by Upper Deck, and Panini owns Donruss (and Pacific, I think)
There was so much more variety, and that wasnt so long ago
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s