`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett fun debate: What card would you prefer, HOF auto or a Star Rookie auto

Beckett fun debate: What card would you prefer, HOF auto or a Star Rookie auto
Was talking to another member about this just chatting back and fourth about how some RC autos, while still young in their career, can book equal and sometimes more than HOF autos. So i thought it would be fun to hear everyone else's opinions on it. I would assume it would be a 60/40 split between members so i thought it would make a nice little debate.

So where do you stand on what card you prefer, a star RC auto or a HOF auto, and why.

RE: Beckett fun debate: What card would you prefer, HOF auto or a Star Rookie auto
To Keep HOF Auto.
To sell HOT rc Auto. Collecting, Should I even call it collecting, is more about the next big thing. Or Flavor of the week. With what you sell that "Hot" rookie for you can buy a few HOF players and enjoy.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

RE: Beckett fun debate: What card would you prefer, HOF auto or a Star Rookie auto
so if you pulled a cam newton rc auto would you sell it make the quick cash now, not have to worry about him pulling a jamarcuss russell or having a career ending injury, or would you hold on to it, watch his career unfold and hope he makes it to the HOF one day, then have an RC auto of a HOF and watch the card skyrise?

HOF'er. They can't really do anything on-field to mess up their card values. A "star rookie" could get injured the first snap in their Sophomore year, and not be worth collecting afterwards.

(01-11-2012, 02:30 AM)Rjasiak Wrote: so if you pulled a cam newton rc auto would you sell it make the quick cash now, not have to worry about him pulling a jamarcuss russell or having a career ending injury, or would you hold on to it, watch his career unfold and hope he makes it to the HOF one day, then have an RC auto of a HOF and watch the card skyrise?
Yes I did that last year I sold a Cam for $125 and got me a Bunch of stuff for my Eddie George Pc
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

for me it depends
I only collect drew brees (when I can afford it)
but i am also buying and trading for stevan ridley
obvious reasons
Saints QB
LSU HB
as for newton sell sell sell (more ridley and brees)
just my 2 cents
Wants Drew Brees everything
Second colliction Gabbert and all 2011 quarterbacks
[Image: ridley_brees.jpg]
http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/rshcard86/
my site
http://rshcard86.weebly.com/

(01-11-2012, 02:25 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: To Keep HOF Auto.
To sell HOT rc Auto. Collecting, Should I even call it collecting, is more about the next big thing. Or Flavor of the week. With what you sell that "Hot" rookie for you can buy a few HOF players and enjoy.
My thoughts exactly. I collect to collect. I dont collect to sell & profit. I have no interest in collecting the "current years" rookie class. Its to risky and besides, I have pc players that deserve my hard earned cash rather than the new "flavor of the week" rookie. Now, as the years pass, I may look back and say, "wow, that guy is really good. He turned out to be a great player." And I may want to get a rookie card of that player for my pc. So, If I pulled a Cam patch auto, I would sell that baby so I could use the funds to buy some Favres I need or maybe add to my other pc.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

Either one is good for me. Just as long as it is not a sticker autograph.

HOF 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Because I collect HOF'ers (besides NY Giants) and mostly use hot rookies as fodder to get HOF'ers if I can.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

I definitely concur with the sticker autos, do not like! As for me, I'm greedy so I'd like a star rookie who will one day be a HOF'er! At the end of the day, and as much as a star rookie might shine today, it's hard to not go with HOF'er. Time tested, tried and true, been there done that, one of the best at their position for their era - A Sure Thing!