`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original or Fake? Please Help

Original or Fake? Please Help
I just came into some old baseball cards and these two cards were in there. They look good to me but just wondering what you guys think. Real or not? Allen & Ginter Anson and Ward.
[Image: allenfront.jpg]
[Image: allenback.jpg]

RE: Original or Fake? Please Help
Any chance you can scan them? Hard to see enough detail...
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

What date if any is printed on the bottom back of the cards?
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

Sorry. This should be a bigger picture. What do you guys think?
[Image: allenfront.jpg]
[Image: allenback.jpg]

Very tough to tell from those scans, but my opinion based on those pics are yes they are some sort of reprint, 120 year old cards are almost never that 'white' (especially tobacco cards, clearly the original owner or family member were smokers and we all know what that does to cards Smile
I would like to see some better scans though, I love old mini's, even the fake ones in cases like these.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Even with scans, a fake is just too hard to tell on a card like this without touching it. They look okay at first glance but seem a little too nice to be real IMO.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Well, with those bigger scans, it's toss up for me. I'd invest a few bucks and get them authenticated (and maybe graded because if they're real those are in darn good shape Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

This will tell you a lot of good information on trying to autnenticate vintage stuff..... http://cycleback.com/cardsauthentication.pdf
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(01-10-2012, 11:38 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Well, with those bigger scans, it's toss up for me. I'd invest a few bucks and get them authenticated (and maybe graded because if they're real those are in darn good shape Smile
I will definitely be sending these in. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks before I do.

I believe it's from the 1887 n28 set. Looks like it might be too good to be true. Can you tell whether the edges appear slightly fresher and crisper than the rest of the card. If so, it might be cut from an early cardboard page/album of reprints.
Check this out for background: http://centuryoldcards.com/1800/1887N28.html
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*