`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What boxes are the best value for the price?

RE: What Boxes Are Most Profitable?
(01-11-2012, 07:22 PM)iconms Wrote: +1 Signature Stars is solid. Blowout actually has them for $51.95 and I've occasionally seen it even lower. HOWEVER, my advice is to buy singles!
Yeah blowout had a big sale before christmas of $40 a box. I picked up 5 boxes.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

RE: What Boxes Are Most Profitable?
The best value for your money is Opening Day. 30 bucks a box, you get your money's worth every time, and even get an autograph once in a while...Or go with a jumbo box of basic Topps. It runs you 100 or so, but you'll usually get the whole set and usually get 1 decent hit and 2 crummy hits that are always easy to trade because people collect basic Topps. Just my 2 cents. Anything more expensive and your disappointed 1/5 boxes.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

RE: What boxes are the best value for the price?
Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to go with Topps Chrome because of what rossmaute said. Also, thanks to rossmaute for his suggestion on changing the topic title (which I did) as well as a well stated answer to my question. If anyone else wants to vouch for Chrome being a good problem feel free to do so or if you disagree with my choice let me know why. Thanks!

topps chrome is a good starting product. thats what i started with. but If your just buying the product to get trading cards just save your money and buy off of ebay. I actually buy some cards on ebay that i dont want for good trade bait. I got 5 acclaimed impressions autos for $15 on ebay. no big names just autos that can be used to sweeten a trade and get it done.

(01-11-2012, 08:30 PM)zmhower2469 Wrote: topps chrome is a good starting product. thats what i started with. but If your just buying the product to get trading cards just save your money and buy off of ebay. I actually buy some cards on ebay that i dont want for good trade bait. I got 5 acclaimed impressions autos for $15 on ebay. no big names just autos that can be used to sweeten a trade and get it done.
Smart, I will probably resort to that once I blow all my cash and get my box breaking fix in but until then, Topps Chrome it is OR I may preorder some 2012 Topps Series 1.

Check out blowoutcards.com they usually have the cheapest prices for everything.

Bowman Chrome has been good to me. I like topps chrome as well. The Bowman can yield some nice prospect cards (and MLB stars & RCs) for trade bait. If you have no interest though in prospects, it's probably best to steer clear.
Also, I have a feeling that '12 Topps series 1 is going to be particularly popular. Can't go wrong with a box of it when it first comes out. Team collectors, RC collectors, player collectors will all be eager to obtain the cards they need.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

He's asking what the best boxes are, not for you to tell him to buy singles.

I like Topps Chrome, you get a lot of parallels and 2 rookie autos per box.
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(Or loose the least possible)?

*lose