Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid Season Awards

Mid Season Awards
Here's my take on the Season so far:

Hart - Claude Giroux. Yes Toews, the Sedins & Kessel get some consideration but "G" is putting up a great season and the fact that the Flyers pretty much put the responsibility of carrying the team on his shoulders after the trades of Richards & Carter - and that Giroux is doing just that, gives him the nod over the others.

Norris - Zdeno Chara. Sure Erik Karlsson is putting up some good numbers, but Ottawa is just so-so this year. Chara is the anchor of the Bruins D & a big reason, (literally & figuratively), why they're doing so well. Nicklas Lidstrom also gets some consideration.

Vezina - Henrik Lundqvist. While Jonathan Quick & Jimmy Howard are having remarkable seasons, it's "King Henrik", who's been one of the main reasons the Rangers have moved to the top of the Eastern Conference. Plus his play in the Winter Classic, especially his stop of Daniel Briere on the penalty shot, was huge.

Calder - RNH. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has justificed why the Oilers chose him #1 overall. However, if he stays hurt for any significant amount of time, expect Adam Henrique to overtake him in this race.

Biggest Surprise - The Rangers rise to the top of the East. Yes they were good. But not THIS good. nobody expected them to dominate the top teams in the East like they did.

Biggest Disappointment - Ilya Bryzgalov & Ryan Getzlaf. Much was expected of them & they've done very little this season. While Getzlaf has shown signs of breaking out of his season-long slump, Bryzgalov is showing major confidence issues, (especially if you saw HBO's 24/7), and once that hits a goalie, it's very hard to shake it.

Your takes on this???

RE: Mid Season Awards
here is mind

Art - Hossa put him with anyone on the team and the line produces more for some reason but most likely Claude G

Adams Kevin Dineen, who would thought that FL be in the standings there are at.

Norris - Chara as i haven't seen enough west coast teams to say that

Vezina - Thomas look at his stats, even thou the blue goalie is doing well too

Calder - RNH

Biggest Surprise - Fla

Biggest Disappointment - blue jackets/la kings after doing the trades with Phil I figure they do better
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

this is Lundqvist's year. Smile
Email me at SkyFireX47@yahoo.com
[Image: sig6.jpg]

as good as lundqvist is, I'd say QUick has been better. League leading 5 SHO, not to mention LAK isn't as good as NYR is. They have a good mix of players in LA, but they are having some troubles putting the puck in the net, and really lack someone who's a caliber sniper like Gaborik is for NYR. Mike Richards has been somehwat of a dissapointment, and Doughty hasn't produced like everyone thought he would, that team is all Quick right now.
I collect Subban (Auto Only) and all Tanev cards
http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/KelvinCanuck/

(01-10-2012, 04:09 PM)azicet Wrote: Biggest Disappointment - Ilya Bryzgalov & Ryan Getzlaf. Much was expected of them & they've done very little this season. While Getzlaf has shown signs of breaking out of his season-long slump, Bryzgalov is showing major confidence issues, (especially if you saw HBO's 24/7), and once that hits a goalie, it's very hard to shake it.
+1. Getzlaf is killing me in my fantasy hockey league. If he was playing like he was in the second half of last year, I would be in first and not third.
Collecting Patrick Roy and will look at all buckets

Roy PC - https://patrickroycollection.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

(01-11-2012, 10:18 AM)Canucklehead Wrote: as good as lundqvist is, I'd say QUick has been better. League leading 5 SHO, not to mention LAK isn't as good as NYR is. They have a good mix of players in LA, but they are having some troubles putting the puck in the net, and really lack someone who's a caliber sniper like Gaborik is for NYR. Mike Richards has been somehwat of a dissapointment, and Doughty hasn't produced like everyone thought he would, that team is all Quick right now.
you just described every year Lundqvist was previously nominated. he's had similar numbers in GAA and SV%, lead the league in shutouts with 10 and 11, 30+ in each season and was the sole reason NYR had anything going when no on could score and yet others still won over him (and rightfully so).

though Quick is definitely in contention for the Vezina, the reasons you're describing are geared more towards the Hart.
Email me at SkyFireX47@yahoo.com
[Image: sig6.jpg]

I think lundqvist is deserving of the vezina, but even just looking at the numbers, Quick has made aboutr 100 more saves than him and has twice as many shut outs. Halfway through the season, quick is on pace for 12 shut outs, thats super human. Lundqvist is player above average, quick is just plain superman!
I don't know what the prereq for the vezina rule by rule, but if he gets 12 shut outs and as many wins as lundqvist (currenctly 19 vs 18), then how can he get snubbed
I collect Subban (Auto Only) and all Tanev cards
http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/KelvinCanuck/

Adams-Dineen and McLean down to the wire. Both are doing an amazing job.
Norris-Chara, he is a beast.
Calder-RNH
Vezina-Lundy needs to be acknowledged for his play.
Biggest disappointment-Crosby's future in the NHL. Not good for anyone even if you are a hater. He fills the seats.
Biggest surprise-Buffalo not doing better than they could be.

I totally agree with Dineen for the Adams.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Dont forget mr stamkos
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK