`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid Season Awards

RE: Mid Season Awards
Hart- Lundqvist. Hes been ridiculous this year. Hes been a solid goaltender and will win the Vezina to.

Norris- Hard to say no one has really stood out this year. I am in the same boat as bonnev659 haven't seen enough west coast teams to pick a Norris winner.

Adams- Love the job the coaches are doing in Florida and Ottawa. Dineen and McLean. Fun fact. in 2007-2008 the year Bergeron missed 72 games due to a concussion and had the most games lost due to injuries from players. The Bruins were expected to finish somewhere near the bottom of the East and they made the playoffs. Julien got no credit and didn't even get nominated. I lost a little faith in how people vote for this award after that. I am glad they are starting to notice coaches who don't have a lot and can still be competitive in the league.

Calder- Going to come down to the wire with RNH and Henrique.

Vezina- Lundqvist. Has played outstanding this year. They finally have a team in front of him and it is showing.

Biggest disappointment- Ducks and Sabres. So much talent on both teams. The Ducks were a better team it seemed when they had Emery as there goalie last year when Hiller went down with is injury. Is Hiller the problem in Anaheim? I don't know where to start in Buffalo. Very disappointed in them.

Biggest surprise- Panthers, Senators and I have to keep the Wild in there to. All teams have played above and beyond expectations and I hope they all keep playing well. Wild have come back down to earth a little bit, but there were the best team in the NHL for a little while.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

(01-11-2012, 05:08 PM)iluvladies5015 Wrote: Adams- Love the job the coaches are doing in Florida and Ottawa. Dineen and McLean. Fun fact. in 2007-2008 the year Bergeron missed 72 games due to a concussion and had the most games lost due to injuries from players. The Bruins were expected to finish somewhere near the bottom of the East and they made the playoffs. Julien got no credit and didn't even get nominated. I lost a little faith in how people vote for this award after that.
Personally, I would much rather win the Ted Lindsay than the Hart simply because the former is voted on by the players themselves, while the latter is just sportswriters. I'd be way more proud of having the guys I play with and against vote me as the MVP than a bunch of guys who watch games and write about it.

As for Calder, RNH all the way with Henrique taking the second most votes and Hodgson in third.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(01-11-2012, 05:20 PM)wickabee Wrote: Personally, I would much rather win the Ted Lindsay than the Hart simply because the former is voted on by the players themselves, while the latter is just sportswriters. I'd be way more proud of having the guys I play with and against vote me as the MVP than a bunch of guys who watch games and write about it.

As for Calder, RNH all the way with Henrique taking the second most votes and Hodgson in third.
If RNH can bounce back from his injury then I agree that he will run away with it, but if he struggles then it opens the door for Henrique.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

(01-11-2012, 06:05 PM)iluvladies5015 Wrote: If RNH can bounce back from his injury then I agree that he will run away with it, but if he struggles then it opens the door for Henrique.
Hodgson is showing more and more each game. I don't think he'll take it by any means, but look for him to be contending by season's end.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Hart: Claude Giroux
Norris: Chara ( i hate him but i gotta admit he's a beast out there)
Calder: RNH, even though he's hurt the numbers he put up were just unbelievable
Vezina: In my mind i think it comes down to lundy and quick, i would probably go with lundy.
Biggest dissapointment: Buffalo Sabres with the aquisations they made and with enroth getting good you'd think they'd top their division but miller is not having a great year and they have had a ton of injuries. at one point they had about 5 guys in the starting line up who have only played a handful of NHL Games
Biggest Suprise: I'd say either Florida doing as well as they are or NYR topping their division.