`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone ever been to Cooperstown?

RE: Has anyone ever been to Cooperstown?
I just want to go back, PERIOD. Summer, Winter, Spring, Fall--I just don't care. I didn't get enough time at the Museum OR in the town itself. When I went, I was a day behind schedule b/c the remnants of Hurricane Katrina came through Ohio while I was still in Cleveland. I was planning to see my 1st MLB game and of course a HURRICANE backed that up by 1 day!!! I am from NC and that was the LAST thing I expected to screw up my trip through the Great Lakes area. Smile

It's not very often a Padre goes in. Hoffman will make number 3 and I'm sure he'll be the last for a very long time lol

(01-11-2012, 02:25 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: It's not very often a Padre goes in. Hoffman will make number 3 and I'm sure he'll be the last for a very long time lol
I hope he makes it in so you can go Wink

After what has happened to lee smith, who at the time when he retired was the all time saves leader and still hasnt been elected, makes me wonder if hoffman will be treated the same. hof voting is unexplicable sometimes.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Thanks for all of the advice. I got a hotel room in Utica. Looks like it's about 40ish miles away. Everything else was either not available or way more than I would like to spend. I get hotel deals through my work and the weekend in Utica will cost me more than a week at Disney!

Now I have to figure out the details. I am sure I will have to buy tickets for the ceremony, etc. Can't wait to go....glad my wife was 100% on board!!!
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]

(01-11-2012, 09:07 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I hope he makes it in so you can go Wink

After what has happened to lee smith, who at the time when he retired was the all time saves leader and still hasnt been elected, makes me wonder if hoffman will be treated the same. hof voting is unexplicable sometimes.
I think Hoffman put up way better numbers than Smith. Lee Smith should have gone in a long time ago. His save percentage is far superior to other closers that are in the hall now plus he was the all time saves leader when he retired.

(01-11-2012, 01:08 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: I think Hoffman put up way better numbers than Smith. Lee Smith should have gone in a long time ago. His save percentage is far superior to other closers that are in the hall now plus he was the all time saves leader when he retired.
yeah exactly, thats why it makes me wonder. Maybe their biased against closers or something. that idea will probably end for sure when its marianos turn to go in, and if hoffman isnt in by then, theyll have to after electing rivera as well

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(01-11-2012, 11:30 AM)7whodey Wrote: Thanks for all of the advice. I got a hotel room in Utica. Looks like it's about 40ish miles away. Everything else was either not available or way more than I would like to spend. I get hotel deals through my work and the weekend in Utica will cost me more than a week at Disney!

Now I have to figure out the details. I am sure I will have to buy tickets for the ceremony, etc. Can't wait to go....glad my wife was 100% on board!!!
I live in Syracuse and I go to the Hall of Fame at least once a year. It's like an hour and a half drive. During induction weekend, you may want to stake out the nearby golf course. You can get some autographs there from the hall of famers playing a round. About 10 years ago, I met Stan Musial at the golf course and he just handed me an autograph yellow postcard of his plaque.
PC: Cardinal Parallels/Rainbows of Pujols, Chris Carpenter, Molina, Lankford, Gibson, Musial, and Cardinal Prospects

I cnat believe i found it, this is the place i stayed in

http://www.lakeviewmotelny.com/ it was a nice comfy motel in front of the lake

I went to Ozzie Smith's induction and stayed in Binghamton. It was a crazy time on the lawn as it was packed. I was lucky as the only reason I went was my ex-wife's new husband had a hookup and got tickets to all of the events and she hates baseball. Being that he was disabled, we got front row seats to everything including the quiz show with HOG greats like Mike Schmidt and Joe Morgan and the ESPN special which had the Big Hurt on it. We also had great seats at the HOF Game which was the White Sox vs Rockies that year. I ended up actually visiting the Hall the day after everything ended since it wasn't packed. Too bad my B&*^%& ex-girlfriend destroyed all those pictures.

(01-12-2012, 09:33 AM)fulltritty Wrote: I went to Ozzie Smith's induction and stayed in Binghamton. It was a crazy time on the lawn as it was packed. I was lucky as the only reason I went was my ex-wife's new husband had a hookup and got tickets to all of the events and she hates baseball. Being that he was disabled, we got front row seats to everything including the quiz show with HOG greats like Mike Schmidt and Joe Morgan and the ESPN special which had the Big Hurt on it. We also had great seats at the HOF Game which was the White Sox vs Rockies that year. I ended up actually visiting the Hall the day after everything ended since it wasn't packed. Too bad my B&*^%& ex-girlfriend destroyed all those pictures.
Binghamton is a little farther than Norwich, but if you do not get a room ahead of time, the farther you will be..
Roads can be an issue...single lane from some locations so give yourself extra time.
I always arrive early and stay late.

The other issue mentioned above is that the card shops are retail price or above, but there is something cool about saying i got it from Cooperstown!!