`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPLOADING PICS TO BECKETT.COM?

RE: UPLOADING PICS TO BECKETT.COM?
That's a good idea. incentive based. if its to show people that you have been involved in assisting Becket improve that site i would be in for it!!

hey,

here's a thought. What if we started a thread and asked people to comment or bump it just so Beckett can see the volume of people that want this changed. I have a huge collection of pics i want to add to this site and i want it changed!!!!!!

(01-15-2012, 05:16 AM)9293upperdeck Wrote: hey,

here's a thought. What if we started a thread and asked people to comment or bump it just so Beckett can see the volume of people that want this changed. I have a huge collection of pics i want to add to this site and i want it changed!!!!!!
What do you want changed exactly? I mean, you can easily upload pictures and they are set as "yours" (attached to your item in your Organize if that's where you uploaded it), it's just that the approval process for them to be used as the stock photo isn't in place yet.

Here is one idea I was thinking about suggesting but I don't know how much rework it would take on their end:
(and no, the idea was not taken from Facebook).

• If a card has no image, and one has been uploaded, then that image is the stock photo (uploaders would have to mark front or back).
  • Each card has a Like/Dislike button.
  • If there are multiple images that are uploaded for one side, which ever card has the most likes is shown as the stock photo.
  • If there are multiple images with the same number of likes, then the card with the fewest number of dislikes is shown as the stock photo.
  • If there are multiple images with the same number of likes AND dislikes, then the one that was uploaded first is shown as the stock photo.
  • All photos will have a "Report" button just in case some smarty pants wanted to upload an inappropriate picture. If a image is reported, either no image is shown (if there are no other images for it) or the next image that meets the above requirements is shown as the stock photo.
  • Once the reported image has been removed or deemed appropriate, then the rules start back from the top.

This would mean that the ONLY time a moderator or admin person would have to do anything regarding the pictures would be if something was reported. But again, I don't know how much rework it would take on their side, I think it would be quite considerable (adding a button, adding the requirements, adding the flags, allowing moderators and admin moderation rights to images, etc.) But, that's just an idea I had.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

In a perfect world i would like to be able to upload a pic so everyone can see it as the stock pic. I find there is nothing worse than looking for a card and the one above and below has a pic yet the one you are looking for is missing.
Your idea is great. There is enough responsible people here to keep track of idiots. Any inappropriate images uploaded and their account should be deleted?? That's enough warning isn't it? who needs to be contacted to get this ball rolling?

(01-16-2012, 05:36 AM)9293upperdeck Wrote: In a perfect world i would like to be able to upload a pic so everyone can see it as the stock pic. I find there is nothing worse than looking for a card and the one above and below has a pic yet the one you are looking for is missing.
Your idea is great. There is enough responsible people here to keep track of idiots. Any inappropriate images uploaded and their account should be deleted?? That's enough warning isn't it? who needs to be contacted to get this ball rolling?
I can pass on the idea, but it has to be put on a priority list.

Xtream... I like your idea. That is similar to what I was thinking besides the one I posted earlier. Those that post inappropriate pictures are automatically banned... those that continue to post incorrect picture (wrong card, ect).. get warning points.. same as, say, using foul language or bad mouthing other traders/bloggers on Beckett.

I strongly believe that having members of Beckett approve pictures with "like/dislike" or something similar is an awesome idea to try & draw more collectors back to Beckett Forums. Even if they included this into the paid subscription.. it would only better the OPG's that some of us have paid for. I am all for it as long as they keep the same subscription price. It has already risen a few times over the last few years.. I keep thinking about cancelling my subscription, but I just paid for another year..

+2
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

priority list? when do you believe this would come online?

(01-19-2012, 05:29 AM)9293upperdeck Wrote: priority list? when do you believe this would come online?
I have no clue as I have no access to the Priority list or where it goes, that's on Beckett's development staff.