Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Reed Collector

Jeff Reed Collector
Hey Everyone!!
I am starting to collect Jeef Reed (the baseball player) don't know how many of you have heard of him he lives in my hometown and i know him personally!! Can anyone help?
Thanks in Advance!!!
Chris Wright (duke4439)
[Image: Strawberry-Signature.jpg][Image: QRwV1.png]

RE: Jeff Reed Collector
(01-08-2012, 02:56 PM)duke4439 Wrote: Hey Everyone!!
I am starting to collect Jeef Reed (the baseball player) don't know how many of you have heard of him he lives in my hometown and i know him personally!! Can anyone help?
Thanks in Advance!!!
Chris Wright (duke4439)
This is cool man, I have collected home town players as well. It looks like Reed had 169 cards according to Beckett and a quick scan of the cards looks like you could make a serious run to collect all of them. The tough ones will be the 1999 Upper Deck Exclusives level 2- serial #d to /10 and the 1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9 serial #d to 9. Also the early 80s minor league cards are sometimes hard to find as well as the Twins Team issue and post cards are tough. However, you aren't going to have too much competition in collecting since there are not many Reed collectors. He was a VERY fine defensive catcher and a decent bat and managed to stay around for a long time. That is noteworthy in my book. Good luck to you. Sometimes you can find common player lots on ebay for real cheap, but for specific cards I would look at Beckett Marketplace and find a dealer with a large inventory who may have 30 or 40 different Reed cards to start your collection.

I saw a few on COMC
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

thanks everyone for your support
[Image: Strawberry-Signature.jpg][Image: QRwV1.png]