`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
In shock (Griffin card)

In shock (Griffin card)
I just can't believe this card just sold for $711.00.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320823265291?ssP...1438.l2649

I understand its low numbered but really? No auto, no patch? I want to know what you guys honestly think I could sell my Blake 1/1 for? Its from the same product. Oh yeah graded @ 9.5 with a 10 auto

Photobucket

RE: In shock (Griffin card)
It's hard to say for me, because I think all of his stuff is over valued right now. I guess you can tack on another 1000 to that amount. I guess timing is everything.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

to steal a line from Con Air when Nicolas Cage is asked what is wrong with Steve Buscemi's psychotic, serial-killing character...

"My first thought would be...a lot."
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I think one of the main reasons is that it is a precious metal gems card ( or is listed this way). This set from the 90s is crazy spendy! I was browsing the other day and saw one that was selling for $400 and it was a no namer. People prob think this set will do the same...that and hype of a new season and the clippers being a new "contender" with the cp3 deal prob helps as well.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

wow. seriously not to be a downer but im serious sell now!! he is a clipper and they are cursed. i live here nearby and im telling you he will either break a leg, get hit by a bus or some new std no one has even diagnosed yet just because he is a clipper! and i love the guy. im just saying....
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

What's weird to me is that this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blake-Griffin-10...0163313382

has the same image as the first one, but the back picture is different. I wonder why they didn't show the front of the actual card.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

2010-11 Totally Certified Green cards are on fire. They are generally regarded as the new Precious Metal Gem cards (which are arguably the most in-demand cards in the hobby right now).

That is why the card sold for so much.

Interestingly, the autographed Totally Certified Green cards tend not to sell for so much.

See thats why I asked the question, so much knowledge on here. I appreciate that. Makes a little more sense now. I feel like this is the stock market and I need to figure the right time to sell Smile

say 10 people putting the set together and those are only /5, it's going to sell for a lot. All about timing.. not to be a nitpicker but it looks like Blake signed that sticker sloppy. It'll still sell for a lot, don't worry. Just sayin..
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Strike while the iron is hot. Griffin and paul are hot in the league right now. I think now is a great time to sell it. maybe wait a couple weeks so your not selling so close to after christmas. But other than that he is probably as popular as he will ever be, people will just forget about him eventually cause he will never win a championship unless he leaves the clips.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]