`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Field of Dreams

RE: Field of Dreams
Cleveland Municipal Staduim+ crowds of 4000 people + stadium mustard + urinal troughs = 80's Cleveland Indians Baseball
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Besides the 86 mets ( i was at the time, that got me into baseball , and unfortunately the mets) and rooting for strawberry with all my heart, my best baseball memory was taking batting practice on the field at shea and being introduced in front of the crowd before a game in 97 after my team won the state championship. We talked with bobby v for a while, and a few other mets, including rey ordonez who spoke no english at all . But they were playing the padres that day and greg vaughn was talking to us for a while too and my buddy and me asked him why he sucked so much that year cuz he was always such a good player and he laughed and messed around with us for a while, it was alot of fun

and just for the record....i got 10 pitches in batting practice and put 2 over the left field fence , just sayin

(01-08-2012, 01:14 AM)john1580 Wrote: Besides the 86 mets ( i was at the time, that got me into baseball , and unfortunately the mets) and rooting for strawberry with all my heart, my best baseball memory was taking batting practice on the field at shea and being introduced in front of the crowd before a game in 97 after my team won the state championship. We talked with bobby v for a while, and a few other mets, including rey ordonez who spoke no english at all . But they were playing the padres that day and greg vaughn was talking to us for a while too and my buddy and me asked him why he sucked so much that year cuz he was always such a good player and he laughed and messed around with us for a while, it was alot of fun

and just for the record....i got 10 pitches in batting practice and put 2 over the left field fence , just sayin
Hitting a few homers over the wall at Shea is a pretty sweet.

My best baseball memories are little league and all that went with it, Cooperstown, Gary Carter and the '86 Mets and even though they got smoked...the 2000 Subway series at Shea

-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

(01-07-2012, 08:49 PM)Krangry Wrote: Hands down my favorite moment in baseball was this years postseason. I have never been so emotionaly involved lol. Ill never forget this last season.
As a die hard Rangers fan to see them go to the World Series the second time in a row, I can definetly +1 that!

It's so dificult to get there once let along twice. I mean it could be years, or a decade before they go back again. UGH!!! Well, hopefully they will return soon but if not, it sure was and still is a fun ride

(01-08-2012, 01:40 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: As a die hard Rangers fan to see them go to the World Series the second time in a row, I can definetly +1 that!

It's so dificult to get there once let along twice. I mean it could be years, or a decade before they go back again. UGH!!! Well, hopefully they will return soon but if not, it sure was and still is a fun ride
I lost 5 years off of my life watching game 6, for sure. Rangers will be back soon, such a solid team.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(01-07-2012, 08:46 PM)oljey Wrote: Great idea for a thread. Being at Ted Williams baseball camp for a few weeks from 77-79 are my favorite memories. In 78 Ted spent a week at the camp and sat in each dugout for a few games and also gave a hitting lecture. As a life long Red Sox fan it was a great thrill to be at the plate while looking into the dugout and there was Ted. In 79 I was on the junior staff and lived at the camp for five weeks. If I could go back in a time capsule that is exactly where I would be.
He is the only guy I have a vintage card of.

72 topps

Sure was a butthole except to kids but boy the guy could hit huh?! Something him, Cobb, Ruth and others have in common
(01-07-2012, 08:52 PM)ryancholden Wrote: I live about an hour from Dyersville where the Field of Dreams is located. Much of the movie was shot in Dubuque where the corporate HQ for my company is located. Did you all know that it sold earlier this year? I have a pic laying around somewhere of my hitting a ball when I was 9 or 10 on the field.
Now that's just friekin cool
(01-07-2012, 09:26 PM)ryancholden Wrote: The smell of rotten beer on the old concrete stands, the moths flying around the lights, the sounds and smell of the river (the stadium is on the bank of the Mississippi). Some of the best memories I have.
Its funny how the game can bring out those corky memories that we are so fond of that any other person who is not a baseball nerd like you, myself and others would think how weird we are lol
(01-08-2012, 01:14 AM)john1580 Wrote: and just for the record....i got 10 pitches in batting practice and put 2 over the left field fence , just sayin
How many people that are not pro can say that?!
(01-08-2012, 02:02 PM)Krangry Wrote: I lost 5 years off of my life watching game 6, for sure. Rangers will be back soon, such a solid team.
Lets hope so. I am pulling so hard for the Darvish signing so this offseason wouldn't be a completel failure. Not to mention napoli, hamilton and cruz are all free agents after next season