`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inscription list states "1" yet I now have "2"???

RE: Inscription list states "1" yet I now have "2"???
(01-07-2012, 07:26 PM)all day baby Wrote: I'm going with this -- Press Pass can't count.

Nice pickup, btw!
I agree.

I have spoke with them a number of times about different inscriptions and from what I am to understand they used have "1" person in charge of counting the cards for how many are returned signed, what they are signed with and so on..
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

(01-07-2012, 07:31 PM)mik253 Wrote: I agree.

I have spoke with them a number of times about different inscriptions and from what I am to understand they used have "1" person in charge of counting the cards for how many are returned signed, what they are signed with and so on..
And they clearly never graduated from elementary school. Wink

Counting is never the forte of Press Pass, unfortunately, since some of us love the inscription list and track it closely.

You'll be receiving one soon with no mention of an inscription, but all the others of that same player are /10 or less. How did they miss that???
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Nice pickup, Mik! That's a ridiculous number of inscriptions for Washington!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(01-07-2012, 08:56 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Nice pickup, Mik! That's a ridiculous number of inscriptions for Washington!
Thank you sir. I was really shocked to see a 2nd one with that inscription, think I need to get in touch with ginge1 I think it is and see if he "needs" it for has Jets collection.

(01-07-2012, 09:16 PM)mik253 Wrote: Thank you sir. I was really shocked to see a 2nd one with that inscription, think I need to get in touch with ginge1 I think it is and see if he "needs" it for has Jets collection.
Hi Mik253, here's my reply, yes I've been working on finding as many Leon Washington Inscriptions as possible from that ridiculous list as it was called by sconnienation3.

I haven't seen any new ones available for the last couple of years, I do check about every 3 days, I guess a BIN would make it disappear quickly.

Mik253, do you have any of Leon Washington inscriptions to show, here are my 2006 Press Pass Leon Washington cards, I do have a regular blue ink card not shown.
[Image: 2006PressPassLeonWashingtonupdated.jpg]

I thought I had 'discovered' the blue ink with #3 about 3 years ago, then I noticed that there were two for sale on ebay, you've found two so there are several of the '#3' now!!! It's definitely not 1, maybe 10, I could believe that.

I consider Press Pass inscription lists to be a starting point, not a complete list. The Leon Washington #3 is another oversight, there are too many of them out there.

I believe I read on the forums that Press Pass asked extra staff to help count the returned autos when they were all being returned, and note variants (red, and / or inscriptions). My feeling is those good people do not care the way we collectors do, so the inscriptions lists reflect that, some of the players are probably accurate, but today there is no one of knowing if a players inscription list is accurate or not.

Here's an example,
I collect all the Jets players drafted who had a Press Pass card, blue, red and any variants. I know there are not Jets cards, they are college cards but they were the first cards available straight after each draft.
It was for me the start of the new season and I wanted to get new cards for the new season.
I would check every day on the bay for Leon Washington, Brad Smith in 2006, Darrelle Revis & Chansi Stuckey in 2007 etc.

How did this inscription get missed.
[Image: 2006PressPassBradSmithMizzou.jpg]
I wish I had seen it and bid on it in 2008, I know there are serious Brad Smith and Missouri 'Mizzou' Tigers fans out there, they bid overbook for his cards, this card I think will never make it into my collection.

For 2007, the Press Pass official inscription list has
Darrelle Revis Blue ink & Red ink
Chansi Stuckey Blue ink, Red ink, Blue & Red inscriptions (25 of each) that say 'Stuck'.
I have never seen a Stuck inscription, hard to believe all 50 inscriptions never made it on the bay. I hope still that they will appear.
I have a 'Rellrev' inscription, it came out in 2007 before anyone knew who Darrelle Revis is, it's legit but unlisted on the inscriptions list.
[Image: 2007JetsPressPass.jpg]

2007 Press Pass Legends, my daily ebay searching in 2007 found
Darrelle Revis Blue ink & Red ink
In addition, I have a 'Rellrev' inscription, from 2007, same deal, no one knew who Darrelle Revis is, it's legit but unlisted on the inscriptions list.

Chansi Stuckey Blue ink, Red ink (20 officially made) & Red inscriptions (10 'Stuck').
I found a Red Stuckey & Stuck inscription in 2007, very hard to find then, they only appear today when sellers break up collections.
Someone on Beckett had the Blue, I found out they existed last year, later in 2011 I managed to find one, the ebay seller did not know it was a Legends card or was rare, I got it for $20. There were other collectors who knew of its rarity. I think the Blue are as rare as the red if not rarer, Press Pass does not list the numbers of blue ink so it's my personal anecdotal evidence.
[Image: 2007JetsPressPassLegendsUpdated.jpg]

Stuckey also signed 50 All Conference, 25 red & 25 blue. The official inscriptions list does not include that at least 2 are signed in Red 'Stuck'.
[Image: 2007JetsPressPassLegendsAllConference.jpg]

I hope Beckett can go back and update the Annual Guide and the Online Price Guide to list all the variants, and update them with our discoveries & contributions to give a truer picture of what was released by Press Pass. An accurate inscriptions list is worse at times than no list at all.

Which reminds me of 2009 Press Pass SE, apparently Chris Olds had a list but the red ink & inscriptions have never been listed that I could find.

Happy New Year to everyone on the forums.

I have emailed press pass in the past on inscriptions as i have had a few inscription cards they didnt know about.
I was told that some do slip by them and they have as best they know an accurate list every year. Sometimes players add thier own or do more than the allotted amount asked.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(01-08-2012, 05:14 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: I have emailed press pass in the past on inscriptions as i have had a few inscription cards they didnt know about.
I was told that some do slip by them and they have as best they know an accurate list every year. Sometimes players add thier own or do more than the allotted amount asked.
Same thing they have told me on other occasions as well.

gingeo1- message sent.

(01-08-2012, 05:14 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: I have emailed press pass in the past on inscriptions as i have had a few inscription cards they didnt know about.
I was told that some do slip by them and they have as best they know an accurate list every year. Sometimes players add their own or do more than the allotted amount asked.
'Sometimes players add their own or do more than the allotted amount asked'.
LOL, not at you Fadsden86, but at Press Pass.

In the case of Leon Washington I can't imagine they agreed on what he would put on his cards, I can accept there was probably an agreed number of cards to be inscribed, left to the players discretion.

To claim the players did more than allotted, therefore some inscriptions were missed to me proves one thing,
Press Pass did not carefully check the cards returned to them, that's poor quality control, if you want the players to create individual inscriptions, there should be checking against a base auto to see how many variants got returned.

If you can't easily identify the inscriptions or bother to check them, a company should not be releasing them. What is someone had gone Billy Ripken 'Rick Face' on them?? Would Press Pass have said 'not our fault', it's the responsibility of Press Pass to know what they are seeding into packs.

They told the players be creative, but they did more and Press Pass did not check very carefully.
Brad Smith with 'Mizzou'
Darrelle Revis with 'RellRev'
Chansi Stuckey with 'Stuck'

That is with players associated with one NFL team, how many more inscriptions were missed with 31 other teams.

Amazing Press Pass, amazing

I have found minor inscriptions. Such as adding there jersey number or not adding. Difference in the way they sign. Sometimes there is a full name other times...chicken scratch....