`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The 1 of 1s have gotten ridiculous!!!

RE: The 1 of 1s have gotten ridiculous!!!
ya in my opinion the hobby is being destroyed by so many different variations and products of these things, so many TYPES of 1 of 1's, its just to much... go back to the day where everything was simple and a lot more fun

looks like f2f just got the boot. And on his b-day, lol
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

Worst part about it is most of those 1/1's are probably printing plates. I so wish they would do away with printing plates. I'm probably just gonna start recycling my plates with my pop cans.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(01-06-2012, 02:20 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Worst part about it is most of those 1/1's are probably printing plates. I so wish they would do away with printing plates. I'm probably just gonna start recycling my plates with my pop cans.
I like the plates. I mean a "superfractor" is just the same card stamped with a 1/1 and people go nuts...
And atleast the plates were part of the card process. But to each his own.
And Ill take them plates from you, some of'em used to be mine anyway, lol.

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(01-06-2012, 02:20 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Worst part about it is most of those 1/1's are probably printing plates. I so wish they would do away with printing plates. I'm probably just gonna start recycling my plates with my pop cans.
I have to agree. My biggest knock on Topps has been 20 different variations on a card. Now the printing plates.....poor images, damaged edges and very little interest in the secondary market. For the most part, they're not pleasing to the eye. Now they place auto stickers on some.

Triple Threads used to be fun....especially if you pulled that cool looking white whale with a sick patch and auto. Now it's just tired!

Im glad this conversation came up. Printing plates as 1/1s have kinda been a sore spot for me as of late. I started picking them up because they were 1/1s and some I've been able to get for pretty cheap. I truly do not believe that having the printing plates are necessary for a rainbow, for instance. But as far as printing plates go.....

[Image: IMG_0003.jpg]

I would much rather spend my money on something like this, a white whale....

[Image: IMG_0042.jpg]

Than this, where you can barely tell who the player is

[Image: IMG_0043.jpg]

This is not too bad, sort of in between.

The price of superfractors blows my mind. I've been lucky to get a few, but to see the prices of some is insane. I see the Jimmy Graham on ebay, and I know how much the seller bought it for, but he flipped it around expecting 2Gs. Good luck on that one!
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

(01-06-2012, 09:47 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: You know I can understand the whole flipping card thing when it is a big Name Player. I get it. But what I don't get is when they do it to scrubs. I collect a wr and seem to be one of the few folks that do. Well this wr had a good game 2 years ago. And a Guy bought 2 1/1's for $50 and $45 I know because he beat me for them. Well now he keeps listing them for $300 a piece. Over and Over and Over. No buyers. So when does this guy go Hey I made a mistake I just need to get my money back for them? I mean if the want isn't there why keep trying to get some crazy money off them.
Some people are clueless. The guy who has a bunch of the Maclin 1/1's from Topps Vault beat me out in the auctions from Topps. He keeps re listing and has had no takers. I keep watching hoping he decides to just try and get his $ back but to no avail. You cant fix stupid.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

(01-06-2012, 02:27 PM)the great 48 Wrote: I like the plates. I mean a "superfractor" is just the same card stamped with a 1/1 and people go nuts...
And atleast the plates were part of the card process. But to each his own.
And Ill take them plates from you, some of'em used to be mine anyway, lol.
But a superfractor has color and is shiny lol. I think superfractors are pretty cool but it is crazy how much people will pay for them. The whole rainbow thing is nuts. But at least there is only one version of a superfractor. Printing plates have a black version, along with a yellow, magenta, burgundy, off white, turquoise, baby blue, sea green, hot pink, seashell opal, beige, and finally tin can gray. Oh wait, their all gray actually lol. But your right, to each their own. And I don't think those gores are going anywhere. He's still my boy!
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I like true 1/1s most...

[Image: toppstributeautotriplerelicsred.jpg]
[Image: toppsunrivaledautopatchplatinum.jpg]

I used to have a few printing plates when I collected Packers, and I've pulled 7 (I think) of players I don't collect and traded them all away. I'm indifferent to them.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

why did f2f get banned????
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%