`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling etiquette question

Selling etiquette question
I am new to trading/selling on this site and have an etiquette question...if I have a card on another user's want list and they don't have anything I am interested in for trade, is it OK to send a pm offering the sale or use the trade feature and suggest a cash amount on their side? What about a new thread listing particular items for sale? Any help is appreciated.

Doug

RE: Selling etiquette question
I would just add a comment to the trade and simply say, "I didn't see anything I am interested in trading for at this time. Would you be interested in purchasing the card? Thanks for your time".
JMO

Some answer is better than no answer. Were all adults and won't take it personally (hopefully)

It creates an akward situation. This is basically a trade site and makes it look like you are hawking your cards for CASH. Don't be surprised if your PM is ignored...JMO
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

(01-05-2012, 07:57 PM)rob024420 Wrote: I would just add a comment to the trade and simply say, "I didn't see anything I am interested in trading for at this time. Would you be interested in purchasing the card? Thanks for your time".
JMO
^ I don't think there's anything wrong with asking this politely, as Rob said.

However, I also agree with Mel that most of the active people on this site are traders, so don't be surprised if your offer is declined.

If memory serves, there is a box at the top of the trade page where you can put a Cash amount on one side of the trade - that would be the proper way to do it.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.