`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: value of a game used catching gear set

OT: value of a game used catching gear set
So, me and my wife's charity event is next month, and we really are getting full-swing into it now (not to pimp it or nothing, but.... www.project-cupid.org )

and we have gotten a few huge donations so far...for one, we will be auctioning off a date with former NESN reporter Heidi Watney, including 2 tickets to a red sox game

and we have received numerous restaurant gift certificates, hotel stays and other such things

and as always, we are receiving sports memorabilia from all the boston teams

however, we just received an email, and we are going to be receiving a full set of game used catching gear from jason varitek. for tax reasons, i need to place a value on it, but cant find anything to compare it to

do yall have any ideas on value here?

RE: OT: value of a game used catching gear set
Maybe check prices on individual pieces (shin guards, chest protector, mask, mitt, etc.) to see what it would cost to buy them new from a sporting goods store and then multiply that by the same amount that you would multiply a common card at to equal the value of a Jason Varitek card? For example say a common card is 20 cents but a Varitek card from the same set is 50 cents then take the total cost of new catcher's gear and multiply it by 1.5%. Did he sign any of it? That would boost it even more. Not sure if this is a good idea, I'm just guessing. Sometimes I see a picture of Heidi Watney and I can't think straight.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Well, I deal with a lot of GU items. I would have to put a 1300-1500 dollar value on it.
His is all custom made, and because of his WS titles, ASG, and all his career.
Absolutly amazing piece to be had.
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

(01-05-2012, 05:35 PM)insidethevines Wrote: Well, I deal with a lot of GU items. I would have to put a 1300-1500 dollar value on it.
His is all custom made, and because of his WS titles, ASG, and all his career.
I was going to guess around 1500$ too and im not an expert..... seems i wasnt that off
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Sounds like good items for Red Sox fan. As Yankees fan count me out unless I can get the date with Heidi at Yankee Stadium!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Hmmm.... A date with Heidi , I will have to inform my Dad about this!

Had a similar instance with Yadi a few years ago at an event, we put 1700 on it. I would say 1400-1500 would be right in line.

any idea how much the date will go for that would be like a dream date
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(01-05-2012, 03:17 PM)zeprock Wrote: Did he sign any of it?
we are hoping he will, and also provide some kind of letter saying it is coming from him.

(01-05-2012, 03:17 PM)zeprock Wrote: Sometimes I see a picture of Heidi Watney and I can't think straight.
understandable

(01-05-2012, 05:35 PM)insidethevines Wrote: I would have to put a 1300-1500 dollar value on it.
thanks for the estimate. that's about what i was thinking. i cant wait to see it.

(01-06-2012, 08:27 AM)rascrush Wrote: any idea how much the date will go for that would be like a dream date
last year, our highest bachelorette raised around 550 dollars. if im being conservative: a 100 dollar gift certificate for Remy's for dinner, 2 tickets to a sox game, and a date with heidi watney? im hoping for 1000 dollars

however...
we have had folks use terms like "my kid's college fund", "my lifetime savings", "how much can i get for a kidney?", and "i just got a second job to raise funds".

as a sidenote:

For those that are wondering exactly what our charity is, why we are doing it, here's the brief reason:

http://www.i-am-people.com/2011/01/why-we-fight.html

The first year, we raised around 3000 dollars. Last year, we raised just under 9000 dollars. This year, we are trying to raise 25000 dollars

this year, we finally can take paypal donations, which is really great....makes things much easier. in fact, if yall want to make a donation (if the mods dont mind. if yall do, no problem, just pm me and ill remove this link):

http://project-cupid.org/donate