`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RADAR'S Pick-Up Thread with some Scans,,up 1/5/12

RADAR'S Pick-Up Thread with some Scans,,up 1/5/12
Haven't been sharing as much as I should. Here are some recent pickups,,,enjoy...Mel
[Image: scan0037-1.jpg]
[Image: scan0038-1.jpg]
[Image: scan0039-1.jpg]
[Image: scan0034-2.jpg]
As a lot of you know I'm not into MINT cards, I pick up what I can when I can. So, the condition on some of these is a little weak but I always am looking to upgrade.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

RE: RADAR'S Pick-Up Thread with some Scans,,up 1/5/12
Really nice pickups. The 65' Uecker was my last card to complete that set. The 52' Vern Law looks that is getting away from someone. The 60' Boyer and Koufax are awesome. That is a set that I would love to do. Love that design.

I dig 'em Mel. Heck, I see a couple I am lacking even.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Great stuff Mel. I'm right there with you on the condition aspect.

Great pickups!
Photobucket

(01-05-2012, 08:20 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Great stuff Mel. I'm right there with you on the condition aspect.
Aw, you guys make us condition sensitive guys feel lousy Smile Of course my condition sensitivity gets lighter as the cards get older.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.

(01-05-2012, 10:43 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Aw, you guys make us condition sensitive guys feel lousy Smile Of course my condition sensitivity gets lighter as the cards get older.
I go for unaltered centered cards. Granted, I do have an "A" from SGC on my T205 Mathewson but it still looks amazing and it was a good price. I'm VERY flexible and like Mel, will eventually look to upgrade. Admittedly, I am a little more picky from about 1965-forward but it all depends on the card. I'll take a lesser condition key HOFer anyday. I love VG condition cards. Many still look great and are VERY affordable.

I have a T205 "A" that I am fine with and most of my T206 cards fall in the Good-Poor range. I have a '33 Goudey Benny Bengough that looks like it's been run over by a car. It's when you get into the late 50's that I start getting a little picky. EX+ is my goal there. Only when I get to the 70's am I looking for NM or better.

Thanks guys and gals.

Cards that are old and don't look old, most of the time aren't.

I see card grading as nothing more than a money grab at both ends. Its just a way of saying that my card is better than yours. However, I do like the idea of Authentic encasing but we can do the same thing with a screwdown or magnetic case.

Guess it does create some peace of mind for buyers,,,rant over!
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

very nice!
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS