`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Buyback : Legit or Fake?

Kobe Buyback : Legit or Fake?
This guy is selling this card and I need help/information on determining if this card is legit or fake. I am unable to find any information on the Beckett Database. Any help would be appreciated.

[Image: UD3BuyBackKobe.jpg]

RE: Kobe Buyback : Legit or Fake?
I'm no experts on Kobes....but it doersnt look quite right to me, personally thats just me.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

+1 He did sign his name that way awhile back but unless you can determine what set its from. I would not touch it.!

It is hard to see the auto and it being a 1/1 makes me understand why you are concerned. The simplest thing to do would to ask the seller for the certification ID # that UD gives these on the certificate of authenticity and that should match the ID # on the small sticker on the back of the card.

You could just ask for a scan of the back and get the number that way, but I have heard of scammers taking the hologram authentication stickers from baseball scrubs and putting them on thier fake versions of the cards that sell higher. I don't think that the UD website list the specific card when you check the ID number with them. That is why the certificate that matches the sticker on the back is important, it describes the card.

If he can't provide both, I would not bother with it.

You would have a hard time convincing the next person who eventually buys it from you, if you can't obtain a sticker on the back of the card along with the certificate with matching ID# that describes that card.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Some of his old autos (really old) were bigger like that but the K is questionable at best and there is no way I would personally touch that card with a ten foot pole.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

If it's a buyback card then it should come with a separate UDA COA (same size as a standard card) and a hologram on the back of the card. As someone else stated the hologram on the back of the card should have a number in it that matches the number on the hologram of the UDA COA. Without the COA it is tough to know whether it's legit or not.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

To me even if it is real I wouldn't want it unless it comes with the UD COA and the appropriate stickers. It just wouldn't feel complete to me for some reason.

I will ask the seller for the UD COA and a picture of the back of the card to make sure it's the real deal.
Thanks for all the info guys, I will post updates.

This is the card in question.. I have one somewhere in my collection.. You could try to contact UD & ask them if they did a "buyback" for that card.. Beckett doesn't list it as being a buyback... If it is real, then the seller should have the COA. If he says he lost it.. then I would walk away from buying it. Any seller that says they lost the COA is assumed a fraud. If I had another card, being the COA, that goes to an auto card.. I would no of lost it it! I would take extra caution when I stored that card. Throw it into a toploader or onetouch case, slap the COA in a penny sleave & throw them both into a teambag for safe keeping. This is what I've done with all my buyback autos.. even the 6-man SPGU jersey/patch cards I have. I did buy one online that didn't come with the COA.. which I was disappointed, but the guy gave me half a refund back for posting his auction incorrectly. so I was somewhat satisfied..

let us know what you find out from the seller or UD, if you contact them... good luck.

1996-97 UD3 #19 Kobe Bryant RC
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Another person on the bay had a Kobe 1/1 rc buyback. He didn't have the coa, but people still placed bids on it. Someone bought it and I think they are trying to cash in on it on the bay. I wouldn't buy it unless you can prove it's authentic. If it's real the seller shouldn't have a problem getting another coa from the company (it would sell for more anyways).
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]