`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went to Wally Wonderland again......:(

Went to Wally Wonderland again......:(
The sad face in the title is more because I need to learn to say no to myself, but I had a gift card so I thought, what the heck. They had a new version of a mixed box. It guaranteed a RC, GU or AU inside along with 10 packs. It was $19.99, there were three boxes, so I chose one (only a $25 gift card). Got home, was thinking about breaking it on cam, but didn't feel like setting it up. I still have to determine which set it's from, but the GU that was in there was a Trilogy Amare Stoudemire (Suns uni) from either 2004-05 or 2005-06, CE-AS, and the bottom says printed in 2005, but I'll look it up later. Oh yeah, and...

WARNING!!!!!!!!

The RC, GU, or AU they guarantee in these products are loose. They aren't in any kind of covering (sleeve, top loader, bag, etc.) at all. I was lucky as the card is pretty much NrMt. Anyways, here are what the packs/hits were (off the top of my head):

1990-91 SkyBox
- Nobody notable really

2007-08 Topps
- 2 RC (nobody big)
- 1 Generation Now (can't remember who, nobody big)
- 2 1957-58 Variations (Wade, Hawes)

2008-09 Hot Prospects
- Supreme Court McGrady

2008-09 Upper Deck (2)
- Emulation Bynum/Garnett GU
- Starquest Copper Jefferson
- Starquest Blue Rudy Gay

2009-10 Panini Threads
- all base

2009-10 Prestige
- Tyreke Evans RC

2009-10 Rookies and Stars
- all base

2009-10 Upper Deck
- Rubio RC
- Marcus Thornton Star Rookies Gold
- Dual Game Materials Gibson/Brown

2010-11 Prestige
- Craig Brackens RC
- Prestigious Pros Green Materials Ron Artest

So, I think I need to quit while I'm ahead. 4 GU in the box, 3 from packs, a few good inserts and a few good RC. Not bad for $19.99. I'll have to see if I filled any set needs (not likely) to make it better. I am going to try and have everything listed tonight and will try to get pictures up on the items as well. Thanks for looking.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Went to Wally Wonderland again......:(
Yep ur well ahead
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Don't beat yourself up xstream, I think the gift card makes for mitigating circumstances. And well done for $19.99 I'd say!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

That is pretty good for $19.99. Do you know if that was a variety box produced by Excel Marketing? I understand that they are currently supplying some Walmart stores with product as a test run in the hope that they will get the contract to stock all of Walmarts cards, like they do for Target.

(01-03-2012, 04:18 PM)dodgytrousers Wrote: That is pretty good for $19.99. Do you know if that was a variety box produced by Excel Marketing? I understand that they are currently supplying some Walmart stores with product as a test run in the hope that they will get the contract to stock all of Walmarts cards, like they do for Target.
No, I think it was Championship Collecting. It has a "ring" on it saying Gems of the Game. The box looks different than I've normally seen, but might be packed out by the same people who make other mixed boxes like those seen at Toys 'R Us.

Ah, sounds kinda familiar. Is it packed like a retail blaster box rather than the hard plastic boxes that excel uses? I think I have seen those before but never for basketball. I will have to keep a look out for them at the local Walmart here (although their selection is very minimal).

This company is the one that does the cards for Walmart and Dollar Tree.

http://www.beckettassociates.com/

I don't know if there is any connection with Beckett Media. It looks like they are different companies but maybe some one from the same family started Beckett Associates?

The other company I was talking about is this one:

http://www.excellmktg.com/

They mainly do Target stores.

Yeah, I've bought a few of theirs. Aren't they the ones that might come in a two part plastic box? Like 100 singles, 1 GU and a pack or two? Like $11.99? I need to stay away from all of those things period. I just had an itch, wanted to see how the new year was going to treat me hobby wise, and so far it's looking good. I should try and find a box of 2009-10 Upper Deck and hope for a Hot Box. lol.

I remember when 2009-10 UD boxes were down to $43 a box before Griffin started playing last season. Damn, why didn't I buy more of them!!! Wink

That's pretty good for $20. Congrats! I would of done the same thing if I had a gift card. I had a gift card to Barnes and Noble and I bought the Beckett Graded Cards Price Guide with it.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

(01-03-2012, 06:00 PM)dodgytrousers Wrote: I remember when 2009-10 UD boxes were down to $43 a box before Griffin started playing last season. Damn, why didn't I buy more of them!!! Wink
I'm sure there might be a case here and there, but really, unless I was chasing the MJ Legacy set or a harder parallel set (I didn't see any actual gold parallels in the base other than the rookie set) I wouldn't have use in buying a case. But it would be nice to get a hot box. Rather than a case hit, I wish companies would do more hot boxes. Smile

(01-03-2012, 06:05 PM)tmakact7 Wrote: That's pretty good for $20. Congrats! I would of done the same thing if I had a gift card. I had a gift card to Barnes and Noble and I bought the Beckett Graded Cards Price Guide with it.
Just means I need to tell my friends and family, if they aren't going to buy me cards out right, give me money or gift cards. Smile