Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went to Wally Wonderland again......:(

RE: Went to Wally Wonderland again......:(
All uploaded and marked for trade.
Just uploaded the images for the GU to start, front and back. Let me know if you guys want more scans. Here they are for the thread.

[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I have to fight the urge every time I go into a retail store that sells sports cards. Never really see any basketball in san diego.. I did go to Target today, one of many in SD... wanted to go pick up another Thomas wooden train set for my 2yr old. They didn't have what I was looking for, so went to go see the cardboard boxes on my way out...

I seen two kids & an adult searching the packs.. the adult looked like a sports collector.. he said he wasn't when I asked him what he collected.. the two kids.. about 15-17 said they just got into football cards...

it was a strange situation.. because these guys just stared at me when I was picking up the boxes & reading the backs.. seen a lot of those variety boxes... first time I seen so many at target or walmart.. the kids had about 6-10 packs.. which I assumed were searched packs... but when I made a comment about people searching packs & cheating the kids.. they left the packs there & took off. they were football packs of UD.. I was thinking about picking them up myself.. but told myself no.. since I don't collect that sport. about 30 minutes later. the adult was in line to check out two aisles down.. he seen me walking out with purchase (no sports cards).. he said he had to go back & pick up the packs..

I am usually against those 100ct loose cards, with GU or auto.. the companies that put them together & market them are collectors just like us.. with 100,000 of cards... it's another way of selling a high dollar "lot" of cards.. sometimes there are good cards... but I would like to take the chance anymore.. I've caught myself buying too many of them when I got back into collecting a few years ago..

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Ooo that Garnett/Bynum actually looks really nice...you definitely beat the $20 price tag with those four hits!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(01-04-2012, 01:19 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I have to fight the urge every time I go into a retail store that sells sports cards. Never really see any basketball in san diego.. I did go to Target today, one of many in SD... wanted to go pick up another Thomas wooden train set for my 2yr old. They didn't have what I was looking for, so went to go see the cardboard boxes on my way out...

I seen two kids & an adult searching the packs.. the adult looked like a sports collector.. he said he wasn't when I asked him what he collected.. the two kids.. about 15-17 said they just got into football cards...

it was a strange situation.. because these guys just stared at me when I was picking up the boxes & reading the backs.. seen a lot of those variety boxes... first time I seen so many at target or walmart.. the kids had about 6-10 packs.. which I assumed were searched packs... but when I made a comment about people searching packs & cheating the kids.. they left the packs there & took off. they were football packs of UD.. I was thinking about picking them up myself.. but told myself no.. since I don't collect that sport. about 30 minutes later. the adult was in line to check out two aisles down.. he seen me walking out with purchase (no sports cards).. he said he had to go back & pick up the packs..

I am usually against those 100ct loose cards, with GU or auto.. the companies that put them together & market them are collectors just like us.. with 100,000 of cards... it's another way of selling a high dollar "lot" of cards.. sometimes there are good cards... but I would like to take the chance anymore.. I've caught myself buying too many of them when I got back into collecting a few years ago..
Yeah, I had actually thought about doing that. Finding out who sold them, seeing if they wanted all those cards I had so they could throw them in there and then I could have a few dollars to go towards packs/boxes/singles. However, I made the right choice giving them to the kids. It'll be a while before I have enough that I'd give away (already up to over 500 cards for trade, in less than a month) but I am hoping I can turn a dollar here or there to get some was. I really want to start busting hobby boxes (going to try and get a box of the new stuff as soon as it comes out). I'm glad you spoke up to them, even though they went back and got them. If I were you, next time that happens, if they put them down, HIDE THEM!!!!!!! lol. Sad to see an adult teaching kids that. Sad
(01-04-2012, 01:50 AM)buckunteer Wrote: Ooo that Garnett/Bynum actually looks really nice...you definitely beat the $20 price tag with those four hits!
Oh, I know. Smile Just those four hits I think that's more than twice the price of the box, and then with the few inserts and RC I got, I probably have about 4-5 times the price of the box. But as we all know, this is a rarity. Smile

Hey xstream if the 1990-91 skybox was series two I might need some for my set I also need both starquest.
I don't know how much I have for pistons but when I get home next week I'm sure I can find you some set needs.

(01-04-2012, 11:33 AM)libs021 Wrote: Hey xstream if the 1990-91 skybox was series two I might need some for my set I also need both starquest.
I don't know how much I have for pistons but when I get home next week I'm sure I can find you some set needs.
I was able to find 7 cards I have that you have listed as wants (well 8, but 1 is in another trade). I only see one Pistons in your Org that I need (2008-09 Hot Prospects Blue Chauncey Billups). I didn't see any set fillers listed, unless you don't have all of your cards listed. Let me know or go ahead and throw a trade together and we'll work something out. Thanks.

(01-04-2012, 11:58 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I was able to find 7 cards I have that you have listed as wants (well 8, but 1 is in another trade). I only see one Pistons in your Org that I need (2008-09 Hot Prospects Blue Chauncey Billups). I didn't see any set fillers listed, unless you don't have all of your cards listed. Let me know or go ahead and throw a trade together and we'll work something out. Thanks.
Creepy. I JUST pulled that Billups (they have the new mixed boxes at wal-mart here too, couldn't resist!) and was gonna throw it in as an extra. I saw that and heard Twilight Zone music in the background haha. I'll still toss it in if you want! (sorry libs, but I pulled a couple more starquests that are added, including a baron davis gold, if you need it!)
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(01-04-2012, 03:01 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Creepy. I JUST pulled that Billups (they have the new mixed boxes at wal-mart here too, couldn't resist!) and was gonna throw it in as an extra. I saw that and heard Twilight Zone music in the background haha. I'll still toss it in if you want! (sorry libs, but I pulled a couple more starquests that are added, including a baron davis gold, if you need it!)
You can throw it in if you wish. He says he might have some set fillers I can use, so I'm sure he and I can work something out for the 7 cards. Thanks for letting me know. Smile

(01-04-2012, 03:14 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: You can throw it in if you wish. He says he might have some set fillers I can use, so I'm sure he and I can work something out for the 7 cards. Thanks for letting me know. Smile
yeah I have some set fillers, not listed from your thread, but there not here i'll put a trade together when I search for the ones you need.

Buckunter I could always use more starquest Especially Gold just don't know If I have anything for you lol. Go ahead and add that card for xstream I'm pretty sure it was listed for trade by mistake.