`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Really? After 1 game this is warranted?!?!

RE: OT: Really? After 1 game this is warranted?!?!
(01-02-2012, 11:30 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: LOL whatcha smokin warcraftin? I'll make you a friendly wager saying that his cards drop dramatically by March.
yes, yes, yes! someone's gettin' the idea Wink. I have three of his auto's and I'm gonna sell them now then get them for 1/6 the price in march. LOL!
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(01-02-2012, 11:34 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: he's a free agent, and there are a lot of qb-needy teams that wont be able to get luck or griffin

so most likely, no - he wont be a backup next year

(im guessing you didnt know he was a free agent this offseason)
I did know he's a free agent. But he still won't start. Or at least won't be given a start right away. He'll have to earn it and will have a couple more games of experience playing than most backups or rookies.

He'll still be a backup. Plain and simple.
(01-03-2012, 07:39 AM)Sajman01 Wrote: Flynn is a free agent this off-season, he will probably get more attention than Luck will as teams don't have to offer draft picks for him and he will get a massive contract to be a starter.

Matt Flynn is a good quarterback in a league full of bad quarterbacks. This off-season the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, Redskins, and Seahawks should/will be looking to upgrade their quarterback. With Barkley returning to college, and Jones more than likely returning, you're left with 3 available options Luck (huge price, small gamble), Griffin (large price, huge gamble), and Flynn (small price, small gamble).

His cards are not going to fall in value or atleast not right away, if he lands with a large market team like the Redskins you can expect them to shoot through the ceiling more so than they already have.
Just FYI, Dallas will be looking for a quarterback too. Indy will get Luck, although they've got a certain HOFer that can still play well. Griffin isn't going to be a QB in the NFL. Other than Scam Newton, name the last read-option QB that has made a splash.
(01-03-2012, 06:59 AM)sonnyday Wrote: There is already talk in Cleveland of the browns going after Matt Flynn. If that happens expect him to suck it up next year and then watch his cards deflate back to reality.
Cleveland's got a good QB in McCoy. He showed at UT that he can win games if the right weapons are put around him. Maybe they should focus that money on WRs or RBs or OL and not a QB.

(01-03-2012, 10:50 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I did know he's a free agent. But he still won't start. Or at least won't be given a start right away. He'll have to earn it and will have a couple more games of experience playing than most backups or rookies.

He'll still be a backup. Plain and simple.

Redsk*ns would start him 1st game, period. miami would too. and those are the two teams looking at him

Just FYI, Dallas will be looking for a quarterback too. Indy will get Luck, although they've got a certain HOFer that can still play well. Griffin isn't going to be a QB in the NFL. Other than Scam Newton, name the last read-option QB that has made a splash.

dallas will not be looking for a qb. this is pure lunacy. romo, as much as he chokes, is still an above average qb. they might be in line for a better backup than they currently have, but romo, especially given the cap hit they would take if they released him, isnt going anywhere. plus - he's jerry jones' boy

and griffin will be a qb in the league, and a very good one. someone didnt watch too much baylor football. kid is a pure passer, has the ability to be a pocket qb, does his progressions very well. then again, everyone said cam couldnt do it either, and guess what? 4000 yards passing, 14 rushing td's. i dont expect the same from griffin, but he'll be good

Cleveland's got a good QB in McCoy. He showed at UT that he can win games if the right weapons are put around him. Maybe they should focus that money on WRs or RBs or OL and not a QB.
mccoy is good, but i dont think that will prevent cleveland from exploring options. i dont think flynn is the solution there...more likely a vet