`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1 of my personel pet peeves about cards

RE: 1 of my personel pet peeves about cards
(01-01-2012, 03:33 PM)murrylove Wrote: Yeah, but there is a BIG difference between a gum stained 1962 Topps Matty Alou card, and a $7,000 Babe Ruth/Roger Maris cut auto. Maybe they should'nt cut them up, but they do, and a little extra time and effort to make it right is warranted. They regularly dont make cards that were on prior checklists, so if it did'nt work for that card, just save the cut auto of this monumental figure, and put it on another card you made to fit it. How could anyone think that the missing letters were alright?
But that's just it, in the end they're all just baseball cards LOL. We know that high quality condition is something that is not automatically assumed and never has been - and not to sound patronizing - its the reason for grading companies.

I understand what you're saying though, but pasting a big pile of cut autos onto thousands of baseball cards is a pretty complicated venture for this simple little hobby of ours. Give me a full uncut auto or auto'd baseball over a cut-up auto card any day. Smile

Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

You're absolutely correct murraylove.

My two cards are just examples of shoddy production. I contribute it to tough luck but I could argue that they might even be one of ones because how many other Cobb Kimball Champions are out there that have the distinction of getting Topps special pack stamp along the bottom edge? Then again, maybe more than I care to think of.

Concerning the Maris - Ruth auto card, that's a potential masterpiece and they should take a little extra effort to ensure that it is an appealing product that they can look at and be proud of. Certainly they could've designed the card around the signature in that particular case. I find it hard to believe that no one saw that card prior to it going into a pack and thought "this could be better".
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

It is truly a CUT SIG
I have seen this a number of times

Just like with anything now a days, you pay top dollar for something and the quality is horrible and it breaks a few months down the road. Everyone is trying to make top dollar and spend as little as they can in production. Sad IMO, quality control is almost non existent.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

I think i found the card youre talking about. I agree it does look horrible, they put the auto in sideways and honestly i cant even understand his last name. Topps is worse by far.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s