Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Info on Alonzo Morning Auto.
Thumbs Up 
Need Info on Alonzo Morning Auto.
I bought this Alonzo Morning Autograph in the 90's from HSN or QVC during one of their specials. I don't remember how much I paid for it, but I am wondering if anyone is familiar with it and could you give me an estimate on what you think it is worth.

[Image: IMG_0004.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0005.jpg]

RE: Need Info on Alonzo Morning Auto.
It's a buy back.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(12-31-2011, 06:50 PM)taffster74 Wrote: It's a buy back.
Not familiar with buybacks can you explain?

(12-31-2011, 08:22 PM)kevinr Wrote: Not familiar with buybacks can you explain?
To my knowledge, a buy back AU is when the company buys a whole bunch of cards of a player (could be same card or different cards) and gets them autographed by the player. Most of the time, I've seen it being a company that buys their own cards (you won't see a Topps buy back in a UD product). I find it odd that Score Board would have used an SP card.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I think card companies keep a few extra cards laying around, have them signed, and re-release them in packs.. easier to do this than have the company buy their own cards back. Safer too, no chance of card being dinged exchanging all those hands.

That is an interesting ZO card. I'm glad it was a UD card & not a scoreboard. I dislike scoreboard cards!
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

That is not a buyback, scoreboard cannot "buy back" a UD auto a re-release the cards in pack or redemtion. That card was probably signed for HSN and Scoreboard. The auto looks good, I doubt it is fake.

Scoreboard has a good name and reputation with third party authenticators like JSA and PSA. But, the card with just the current COA only would not bring as much as one with PSA or JSA authentication.

This autographed version of this card won't show up in the Beckett database and if there is a buy back auto like this from UD, the hand numbered print run would also be much lower. That card or any Zo buy back auto from UD, probably wouldn't be a good card to compare it to anyway.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

The auto looks real, but be careful about anything with ken goldin's name on it. He is as slimy as they come.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]