`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowman Sterling OPG Prices ?????

Bowman Sterling OPG Prices ?????
Topps seriously needs to do something about the costs of their products to reflect the value of the cards .
($50.00 pack and ur pack hit on average will be worth $5.00 - $12.00)

the prices on boxes and packs are so outrageous, yet the single cards themselves are worth anything (unless its TOP 5 Draft)..( i know i know this is an old debate topic)
Guess i seen this coming already from looking at last years bowman crap ..
pretty sad when a $70.00 box of cards has single cards valued more then the cost of a box that costs $260.00-$300.00 (depending on where your getting them from) , then the actuall box that will cost you that much does ..

i just had a look at the OPG and sterling well lets just say i defintley wont be buying anymore packs or boxes .
sorry for the rant ..
Looking for Magic the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar - FOILS only !!!
if your willing to trade send me a mesage of what u have that i need ..
also have some sports cards as well i can offer in return if need be ..

RE: Bowman Sterling OPG Prices ?????
Wait until you get to National Treasures when you spend $500 for a box and get $70 worth of cards. You pay for the "chance" at a high dollar card. Buying boxes is worse than Gambling. Gambling actually has better odds lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-30-2011, 10:36 PM)branesergen Wrote: Wait until you get to National Treasures when you spend $500 for a box and get $70 worth of cards. You pay for the "chance" at a high dollar card. Buying boxes is worse than Gambling. Gambling actually has better odds lol
True Dat!!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

funny both myself and jr had a talk about this last night.

we've been looking at cost vs. value and are going to re-look at our purchases in 2012 ..... I'd rather bust a box of 2009 Score Inscriptions and get 3-4 $8 autos than spend $200 on Brand "X" and get the same Sad

he busted a Hobby Box of Sterling last year and his best card was a $30 hit, everything else was $8-$10 BV (including the autos) ..... definitely not "value" so to speak Sad

If every pack contained a $100 hit, they would cost more than $50 a pack. If you want to eliminate the 'bottom end' stuff from a checklist, it also means you're gonna have to lose the 'top end' stuff if you want to keep the same price point.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Always been that way with busting wax, always will.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(12-31-2011, 08:33 AM)ceocards Wrote: If every pack contained a $100 hit, they would cost more than $50 a pack. If you want to eliminate the 'bottom end' stuff from a checklist, it also means you're gonna have to lose the 'top end' stuff if you want to keep the same price point.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Always been that way with busting wax, always will.
it truly is a "lottery" ..... we all know but with the market being flooded with sooooo much mem and auto's lately it is getting steadily worse Sad

when you spend $200 on a box and you best "hit" is $15-$20 it really kicks you in the arse .....

I actually did a spreadsheet on this a while back (wish I could find it Sad), comparing brands-hits-value and 95% of the "higher end" brands failed in comparison to most "mid-range" brands as per value per box.

Unfortunately the "lure" of that big hit keeps us spending large hoping we'll get that card of a lifetime.

Also when you look at "rookie based" products only they usually come up a major "fail" ..... brands that usually have a 60-40 ratio of rookies and veterans give you a better chance of getting more value for your hard earned $$$ Smile

i will never understand why people boxes, except for the thrill of gambling. buy what you want in team lots in singles

and if you are buying to resell - you should NEVER buy boxes. period