`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael jordan auto for?

RE: Michael jordan auto for?
Sure, I will take a shot at it for free. That is not as good as the offer I laid out though...LOL
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(01-04-2012, 11:56 AM)got watcha want Wrote: Sure, I will take a shot at it for free. That is not as good as the offer I laid out though...LOL
it seems like everyone wants me to give it away for free. They offer cards im not interested in then get mad if i don't want them, and when i ask about cards its too much for the jordan. I don't see how. But i can always keep it. I have no problem doing that. Its frustrating when people don't want to give what its really worth.
[Image: gregedited2.jpg]

Looking for rare percy harvin autos, and brett favre SP and autos

Photobucket - http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac216/greg1982/

I know what the raw version books for. If you can't get the cash value you want from it, then it is not worth it, expecially if your trading down you should get more......Good Luck.

Most traders are willing to trade thier cards up to an MJ auto like that but anyone rarely ever wants to trade an MJ auto down like that. No one has any reason to get mad about haggling on a trade??? I have never understood that...but it happens on forums like these from time to time.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....

(01-04-2012, 12:55 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I know what the raw version books for. If you can't get the cash value you want from it, then it is not worth it, expecially if your trading down you should get more......Good Luck.

Most traders are willing to trade thier cards up to an MJ auto like that but anyone rarely ever wants to trade an MJ auto down like that. No one has any reason to get mad about haggling on a trade??? I have never understood that...but it happens on forums like these from time to time.
it happens everywhere i go. I don't mind trading down if its for something i like and can use, but if its not something i like i would resell it, and can make more money selling the jordan. I'm not going to trade a card i can sell for 600 for 3 cards i can sell for 500, or a card that books as high as this and is a BGS 9.5 for something that doesn't even book or barely books over the raw version. Just makes no sense to me. I'm not in a hurry to move it, and don't mind holding it. you don't get a chance at a 9.5 jordan on card auto very often Wink

At $600, you would have to sit on it a while, but you could get it. Sorry if you thought my offer was a lowball. But I was thinking $500 cash value was as high as I could go.

You can get a raw version in great shape of that card for less than $400 on FEEbay......... I have seen them sell a little above $400 but not as much as just below that. My 9.5 MJ auto is about the same and it is a Bulls Uniform pictured auto card. The collegiate stuff is easier to find lately because UD is pumping so much of it out.

It is a nice card nonetheless and I hope what you get what you are wanting out of it.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....

(01-04-2012, 02:31 PM)got watcha want Wrote: At $600, you would have to sit on it a while, but you could get it. Sorry if you thought my offer was a lowball. But I was thinking $500 cash value was as high as I could go.

You can get a raw version in great shape of that card for less than $400 on FEEbay......... I have seen them sell a little above $400 but not as much as just below that. My 9.5 MJ auto is about the same and it is a Bulls Uniform pictured auto card. The collegiate stuff is easier to find lately because UD is pumping so much of it out.

It is a nice card nonetheless and I hope what you get what you are wanting out of it.
It just depends on when they end. I have seen a few over 400 and a bunch right at 400, but i would think a 9.5 would be more than 100 more. look at brady contenders. raw sells for 750, and bgs 9s sell for almost 2k. I also get people who want to trade by book value then when they find out what the book value would be they say they want trade value, or the other way around. I dont mind trading one way or the other, but im not going to switch it up half way through talks and take less one way or the other. Im not directing anything i say or have said towards any certain person. Its just the general observance with this site and many other trading sites. Seems like everyone wants something and tries to take advantage of people any way they can. It seems like its all about money. I am looking for something for my PC, or something i can sell and buy a PC item with since this is really a PC item, but i collect more football than basketball. But if im going to be reselling there isnt much point in that when i can save the hassle and just sell the jordan

That brady is a bad example because of the condition issues with the raw cards. That is why the 9's sell so much higher. The same goes for a lot of the older inserts in basketball as well. A BGS 8.5 Precious Metal Gems MJ will command that much more than a raw one, all because it is a condition sensitive card.

The BGS Population report states that your MJ auto has 9 total BGS slabbed versions out there. Six of them recieved a BGS 9 and three of them recieved a 9.5. This MJ doesn't have the kind of condition problems that command premium value when singles get a 9.5 grade.

BUT, at the moment it is a 1 of 3 card.............

Please don't think I am trolling or take offense to this post. Just trying to relay my perspective. I won't disagree that your MJ could bring $600 either, I do believe it is very possible if you find the right buyer. That is why I don't sell really high end singles online. I can get what I want from local collectors and shows for them instead.

I also totally understand when traders offer the highest ebay sale value for their card and then quote you the lowest ebay sale price for your card. It happens all the time. Some collectors just see dollar signs $$$$$...........
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....

(01-04-2012, 03:38 PM)got watcha want Wrote: That brady is a bad example because of the condition issues with the raw cards. That is why the 9's sell so much higher. The same goes for a lot of the older inserts in basketball as well. A BGS 8.5 Precious Metal Gems MJ will command that much more than a raw one, all because it is a condition sensitive card.

The BGS Population report states that your MJ auto has 9 total BGS slabbed versions out there. Six of them recieved a BGS 9 and three of them recieved a 9.5. This MJ doesn't have the kind of condition problems that command premium value when singles get a 9.5 grade.

BUT, at the moment it is a 1 of 3 card.............

Please don't think I am trolling or take offense to this post. Just trying to relay my perspective. I won't disagree that your MJ could bring $600 either, I do believe it is very possible if you find the right buyer. That is why I don't sell really high end singles online. I can get what I want from local collectors and shows for them instead.

I also totally understand when traders offer the highest ebay sale value for their card and then quote you the lowest ebay sale price for your card. It happens all the time. Some collectors just see dollar signs $$$$$...........
90% see $$$ SPA has not been the best cards for grading in the past either, Im not saying my BGS9.5 should bring in 4 times the value of a raw card, but should be at least double book value or 1.5 times sale value. I have sold ungraded and graded cards before, and know a BGS 9.5 is not the easiest to get on a card. another example is the ray lewis BGS 9.5 magic auto i had. They have been selling for about 50 raw and mine as a graded 9.5 sold for 250. I think magic is a great set for grading and doesnt have many condition problems, but still sold for 5 times the ungraded also, the jordan sold in the offseason during the lockout for 560, but the person who won it said he was waiting on funds to clear from paypal before he could pay. I gave them 3 weeks and never got paid. So i am sure it will sell for 600+ now

(01-04-2012, 04:09 PM)greg271126817 Wrote: also, the jordan sold in the offseason during the lockout for 560, but the person who won it said he was waiting on funds to clear from paypal before he could pay. I gave them 3 weeks and never got paid.
Another reason I don't sell online on high end items over $300 cash value...
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....

(01-04-2012, 05:06 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Another reason I don't sell online on high end items over $300 cash value...
It wouldnt be so bad if people didnt bid on things they didnt have the money for. I cant stand people like that. I have bought plenty of high end items from ebay and other sites, and always pay right away